Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 250, 5 Minutes, Lost wedding ring found!!!

Cupajo

Clearing up some "Honey Do's" this AM I saw a fellow headed toward me from the front drive and asked him if I could help him. He asked if I was Lew, the guy with a metal detector. In the following conversation I learned his son-in-law had lost his wedding band in his side yard and could I help out?

We climbed in his pickup and travel inland to Lyme, Ct. 8 miles or so away enjoying a pleasant conversation including specifics about how the ring was lost in the lawn by his son-in-law throwing a ball to his young son. (I've heard this same story many times!)

Tuned up the Ace for reduced sensitivity due to the fact that the ring was only lost a couple of days ago. Starting on the extreme right of the area where the grass was heavy enough to easily obscure the ring I quickly passed several targets as being too quiet and parted the grass with the coil on the one signal the sounded "right".

There lay the ring and the gentleman was suitably impressed and grinned happily as he shared his astonishment and joy at the recovery!!

[attachment 291109 Ring495-19-14002.JPG]

[attachment 291110 Ring495-19-14003.JPG]

There have been few returns I have enjoyed as much especially when I found we had several mutual friends and shared many of life's experiences such as hitchhiking across country (Not advisable today!!) Etc.

GL&HH,

CJ

Nice job. I just had a successful ring recovery this morning I posted on the beach forum. Great feeling.

You mentioned Lyme, Connecticut. That's the ground zero for Lyme disease from the deer ticks (black legged).

I have a niece suffering from that be sure to check yourself carefully and quickly.

Congrats on the find and return of that ring.

Atta boy CJ, Besides your REAL job, Its nice to be known for the other type of help that you can provide!

ROBOCOP said:
Nice job. I just had a successful ring recovery this morning I posted on the beach forum. Great feeling.

You mentioned Lyme, Connecticut. That's the ground zero for Lyme disease from the deer ticks (black legged).

I have a niece suffering from that be sure to check yourself carefully and quickly.

Been there, done that!!! Lived here 43+ years as an "outdoors-man" and have had the amazing good fortune to get to it early with an accurate diagnosis and treatment. Know lots of people that were not so lucky and paid a heavy price!!

Nice work once again for our old Pal Cupajo!:clapping::please: I bet you have some good stories about traveling around the Country...
Mud

Good Job. As a young man Hitch hiking was my only means of transportation except for walking. I hitch hiked cross country twice. Sure would not attempt to do that today.

I would sure like to hear some of those stories...in person sometime perhaps..:sadwalk:
Mud

Water wizard said:
Awesome return CJ, i'ld like to hear some of your travelling tales as well...

Thanks for your kind reply Friends!! As for the traveling tales---I was referring to an occasion when my small motor cycle started having engine trouble at about mid-Texas as I was returning to Phoenix! I ended up shipping the bike to Phoenix and hitching the rest of the way wearing dirty jeans and t-shirt with just enough money for maybe one small meal!! Thanks to several kind folks "going my way" I arrived safely with lots of good memories.

Experiences traveling while in the USAF for 2 hitches rounded out my education and gave me a lifetime worth of great memories.

Many of these tales are to be found in the story telling forum here in Finds!! Hope Ya like 'em.

GL&HH,

CJ

Yeah? In the story telling Forum you say? So far I've spent an hour reading about your bicycle exploits! :rofl: Which are wonderfully descriptive! Being a dedicated Raleigh road machine man when I met my wife 35yrs ago....this old carcass has not seen the saddle of two wheels in many a moon, lets say 10., probably more like 15 truth be told, maybe 20..oh hell!.. I do look upon them fondly to this day and nearly stopped at a garage sale with a early 70's vintage Schwinn Typhoon parked out front just this past weekend!.....Looks like there was a great bunch of tellers and listeners on this Forum here abouts 09...for an old plumber, you sure can write!:please::thumbup: y'all should go have a look sometime, at the stories and poems and whatnot laid down by some of these folks..., just sayin'... well worth the trip..:thumbup:..
Mud

CJ,
I like the stories that go with the recovery. Hitching rides is not near the same now as it was 40 years or so ago. So common then, many folks didn't think twice. Completely different world now.
Congrats on a great return.
Cheers,
tvr

Good job Lew, You always have a great way of telling the stories. Love them!!