Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ace 250 or ace 350 for dry sand

Rocknut88

Looking to get a reasonably priced detector for my gf to hunt dry sand with ive heard good things about this line but i want to know is how well would it do compared to say a bounty hunter or low end "teknetics" detector. Appreciate any insight... even on other detectors not listed... oh preferably under 300... dont expect it to get wet unless it rains. Thanks RN

Look at the EurotekPro with the 11"dd....that should put you right at 300...get her a light fast longhandled scoop with a 5" bucket.

Reason: You need a fast, light, comfortable machine to work a lot of dry sand...everything has to be light, fast and comfortable to cover ground. Even that small scoop is important to balance out a person working dry sand...too big a scoop and you wear yourself out...If you get her the right gear upfront, she will be less likely to call it quits...With a package like this, she should be able to outhunt most in short order.

Working the dry is a slash and grab sport, swinging wide and fast, reading the beach, hitting the out of the way higher sand,. For the serious dry sanders, it takes a lot of endurance and is a skillset unto its self.
Pretty much any old detector WOULD work, its just that what would really work the best and the most comfortable for this kind of hunting...even how you swing is important, a person can sort of crouch and move with a wide legged pace with your body swaying from side to side...it looks goofy, but it will extend your swing to about a 10' arc with no tiresome wear on your arm, your arm is not swinging, your whole body is and your arm is just guiding the coil with momentum doing the work...a general whole body workout! Its all about the prime realestate covered the quickest that wins in dry sanding.:thumbup: Doing a little figuring, in July alone I covered 100 miles on the dry, barefoot. Nearly every morning very early, down and back on some prime beach, cutting a wide swath and smokejumping the towel line. .tough duty..good Luck!:clapping:
Mud

Thanks man ill check it out.. shes a teeny thing so the 2.7 lbs on the ace is great idk if the 5.0 lbs would be good for her...... any other recommendations possibly on used detectors?

RN, Good Meeting up with you and the GF Saturday...Maybe when the weather gets a little better we can meet again, I seen conditions I believe there is some gold exposed in there....We just need to get out longer then 2 hours......

I agree mr.joe hopefully by the time it warms up some ill have the lady a better detector to use that wont wear her down. It was a pleasure finally meeting after two years lol. Look forward to doing some more hunting