Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 250- Rechargeable batteries

Giantprawn60

Hi guys, so I tried some rechargeable Nimh batteries with my Ace 250 and I got nothing showing up on the screen.However it would beep just fine...any ideas?

The voltage on rechargeable batteries is lower. 1.2 volts per cell as opposed to 1.5 volts for alkaline.
When you multiply this by 4....4 batteries the voltage is about 1.2 volts low and that is the best...if the rechargeable batteries are discharged somewhat the voltage will be even lower.
So long story short.....most likely not enough voltage to run the detector properly.

Very good answer Gabby! Thanks

I used 2000 mAh Duracells for years in my ACE 250, and they fire up my AT Pro. When I got the same batteries in 2650 mAh they did not work, go figure. I got two sets of 2000's as they last about 1/3 as long as alkalines before needing another charge. This never seemed to be an issue with me as I always carried the charged back up. Or you can swing a tot lot and in a few minutes find enough clad for a fresh set of alkalines. I haven't used my rechargables for a few years. For about 12-14 bucks I can get a 48 pack of those blue AA alkalines in Walmart, and they really last about as long as the fancier brands I used to buy.

I use Duracell rechargeables with my at pro and Ace 250. Never had problems with duration. I always have 2 extra 4-packs with me, using them all in order to have them always fully charged. I use the plastic battery holders and keep the charged ones all in the same direction, and the empty ones inserted up-down-up-down, to tell the difference between the two. I also have a pack of normal batteries with me. Out in the field, I have one pack of rechargeables with me. Sometimes I have problems with my pinpointer, even with a new 9-volt battery inserted, it starts to chirp even while swaying it in the air. Doesn't happen too often, could be humidity inside it. I do not use rechargeables for the pinpointer, mainly because 9-volt batteries don't hold the power as long as other batteries.

I use Enegizer rechargables with my ACE and AT pro. I don't use rechargeables for the PP tho.