Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 250 Relic mode

prodrigsr

My hunting consists mostly of coin/jewelry type. Have never used the Relic mode. Will using that mode give me an advantage or is it the same as jewelry mode?

All any of the modes does is simply change the discrimination notches. Nothing else. You can make any mode out of any mode by just accepting or rejecting notches. You don't need to be in relic mode to find relics or coin mode to find coins. I feel you should think of the modes as disc patterns. You choose the disc pattern you want. Do you want to dig iron? Do you want to dig foil? Choose the pattern that suits you best. If your serious about finding jewelry you should only reject iron. I only hunt this way at Tot lots, beaches and sand volleyball courts. Otherwise I use the "coin mode" ie pattern #5 Good luck!

The Relics mode rejects small nails but gives a low iron-tone "boop" on larger nails, bolts. The Jewelry mode completely rejects both. Some teeny gold will give this low-tone in Relics mode but be rejected in jewelry mode. The Relics mode is my favorite mode. Has less target masking.