Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Adapter For WM-08 w/Sunrays

5900_XL-1

Anybody have a proven adapter for the 1/8th inch socket in the WM-08 module, reasonable price? Besides the $44 MInelab pig tail one? Something smaller and with less wire?

Just go to any store that sells headphones, stereo equipment, etc. You just need a 1/4" female to 1/8" male adapter. Preferably one that is an "L" angled adapter so that your plug isnt sticking straight out of the WM-08 bu 3 inches.

I thought it had to be mono, at least mono/stereo combo. Have you experience to know that your suggestion simply works?

Well, I cant give you a 100% answer to that. Whatever type I bought works on mine. I do know that the the wm-08 is not a problem with "the wrong type of phones wont turn off the speaker" that you had with the CTX. I dont THINK that stereo/mono is a problem, but I cant say for sure.

I went thru several other adaptors that either didn't work or were short lived. I received one of the first adaptors from Minelab and it is still working, the nice part it has the proprietary end that fits the module and the back of the machine. I agree its too much cord but after fooling with the others its a good trade off.
HH Jeff

laplander said:
I went thru several other adaptors that either didn't work or were short lived. I received one of the first adaptors from Minelab and it is still working, the nice part it has the proprietary end that fits the module and the back of the machine. I agree its too much cord but after fooling with the others its a good trade off.
HH Jeff
Jeff,

I am with you on this one. I went through 6 or 8 adaptors and wound up buying the Minelab. I spent enough on the ones that didn't work that I could have bought the Minelab overpriced one in the first place. Live and learn I guess! LOL

PCJ

PryorCreekJoe said:
laplander said:
HH Jeff
Jeff,

I am with you on this one. I went through 6 or 8 adaptors and wound up buying the Minelab. I spent enough on the ones that didn't work that I could have bought the Minelab overpriced one in the first place. Live and learn I guess! LOL

PCJ

Were you having problems with the 6 or 8 which gave trouble, when using the WM-08 alone, or the actual Equinox by itself? Thanks

Just the different adaptors, poor connections or wired wrong etc. The detector wasn't the issue. Be sure and get the ctx compatible ones if you want to have the ability to hook directly to the machine via the adaptor ie battery would run down on the module.

For some of the older Gray Ghost and Black Widow headphones and others too I'm sure, which aren't CTX3030 compatible you need a mono 1/8" plug into the WM08. I found one on @$%# for $17 that works fine and is only 8" long. For whatever, Minelab only knows reason, the CTX 3030, GoldMonster 1000, GPZ 7000 and the Equinox have the same wiring incapability with some 1/4" headphones.

Jeff

5900_XL-1 said:
PryorCreekJoe said:
laplander said:
HH Jeff
Jeff,

PCJ

Were you having problems with the 6 or 8 which gave trouble, when using the WM-08 alone, or the actual Equinox by itself? Thanks

I never could find one that would work at all. I tried mono, stereo-nothing would work. I got feed up with listening to advice on which one to get as none of them would work. I finally got the Minelab one and just tuck the extra cable into my belt and go. It has not given me any problems and I just threw away about $30 worth of useless adaptors. End of my frustration.

Joe

I really appreciate all of the feedback on this topic, thanks. It is too bad that ML dropped the ball on the 1/8 connector type. I have a mono type being delivered today, which was recommended here and from another site following one of my searches I did yesterday. It will be dedicated to just using on the WM-08. Seems that there are issues using it at the Equinox headphone jack.

Ya know...it seems that Minelab has a hands-off policy many times with basic compatibility, once the product hits the market, to sell their pricey $40 adapter. jmo

unearth said:
I use my Pro Golds with the WM08 and a MONO adapter that I got on Amazon. I have had no problems at all.

Question about the mono. Do you get equal volume in the right and left ear when using the WM-08? I just realized that the factory wired HPS which came in the box with the Equinox, half mutes one ear piece, and since the factory cheapies don't have separate volume controls, it isn't great. I tested the factory HPs directly into the 600 and it is equal on both sides. I sure hope that my WM-08 doesn't have issues already.

5900 XL-1-
I haven't tried the WM08 with my Pro Golds recently. I'm going to the beach tomorrow and will try them again. If I recall correctly, there was no difference in the sound to each ear.

unearth said:
5900 XL-1-
I haven't tried the WM08 with my Pro Golds recently. I'm going to the beach tomorrow and will try them again. If I recall correctly, there was no difference in the sound to each ear.

I got that mono adapter from Amazon and it seems to work fine in both speakers using the 08 module. It connected right off and the Sunrays sound nice. Thanks for the advice!

Can you give us a a part # on that adapter or a link ??