Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ADD and the Minicab

StephenA

I have owned three explorers in years past and never really wrapped my head around the programming aspect of using them. At 65 I am selling all my old detectors and going to buy one high end user friendly detector as a do it all. I do some coin hunting, I spend time in old fields in Alabama and Tennessee finding what ever, and go to the beach four or five times a year. I am Attention Deficit to a degree and need somewhat simple in a detector. Would you recommend this detector for me or give me suggestions as to what would be best.
Thank you for your help in making this choice.

I don't think the CTX would be a good choice there is to much to learn , it took me a good year of use to fill good about using it.

Well the CTX is definitely high end. But you could absolutely use it as a turn on and go detector using some of the preloaded settings. Especially since you have had explorers before there wouldn't be much of a learning curve.. people are always making great finds on fields and beaches with this detector. For the most part you could probably set it up and then make few changes each time you go out..
I guess what I'm saying is that you can keep it simple if you want, and not have to pay a whole lot of attention to all the other options, settings and so forth that the detector has.

I think the CTX would be ideal. Buy from a small trusted dealer that has used one extensively and developed good programs that he would be willingly to preprogram for you. You could have a Beach, ALA coin/general, TN coin/general, ALA relic, and TN relic programs at the touch of a couple of buttons. Virtually a turn on and go machine. And if you ever feel the need, the ability to learn more and tweak will be there for you.

When I attended Andy Sabich's Boot Camp, he loaded several programs in anyone's machine that wanted them. I bet if you asked him to load you up a few programs that he has that would work for your hunting, he'd do it. And if he doesn't, I bet there are others that will to make the sale.
Andy is a Findmall Forum Sponsor so I can post his site for you: http://www.TreasureHuntingOutfitters.com

eta: The only concern I would have is age + the weight of the CTX. If that is a concern for you, you could get a harness for it.

KinTN said:
I think the CTX would be ideal. Buy from a small trusted dealer that has used one extensively and developed good programs that he would be willingly to preprogram for you. You could have a Beach, ALA coin/general, TN coin/general, ALA relic, and TN relic programs at the touch of a couple of buttons. Virtually a turn on and go machine. And if you ever feel the need, the ability to learn more and tweak will be there for you.

When I attended Andy Sabich's Boot Camp, he loaded several programs in anyone's machine that wanted them. I bet if you asked him to load you up a few programs that he has that would work for your hunting, he'd do it. And if he doesn't, I bet there are others that will to make the sale.
Andy is a Findmall Forum Sponsor so I can post his site for you: http://www.TreasureHuntingOutfitters.com

eta: The only concern I would have is age + the weight of the CTX. If that is a concern for you, you could get a harness for it.

Strongly suggest you take Kin's advice. Also do not buy those cheap harnesses. I bought 2 and still have them in the box.
Minelab Pro Swing 45 is the way to go. Also, to add to Kin's msg., the CTX gives you the simplicity of turn on and go right out
of the box. When you get more curious and a few months under your belt and want to expand your knowledge, you don't have to
go metal detector hunting again as you will have the best already in your hand.

Yeah, like I first mentioned.. It can be a turn on and go detector...