Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Adding a program to Xchange 2

I watched a YouTube video and it shows on the left side the screen where the ctx 3030 shows up when plugged in a button called "file" I don't have this button.
All I have is All & recycle.
How do I get the file button to appear?

Open "File" and move anything that is in there to some other folder...... then at the top of the screen you will see some icons, hover over the one with the arrow pointing up. You will have to then point the computer to the file on your computer.....once it is in file, move it to the folder you want it in.

Cliff

Like I said in my previous post, I DO NOT HAVE THE FILE ICON. How do I get it to appear???

nagov said:
Open "File" and move anything that is in there to some other folder...... then at the top of the screen you will see some icons, hover over the one with the arrow pointing up. You will have to then point the computer to the file on your computer.....once it is in file, move it to the folder you want it in.

Cliff

Somehow missed that in the original post.... you may have to delete Exchange from your computer and reload it.

I agree with the navgov you should have the file icon, you might have a corrupted program and have to uninstall Exchange and then reinstall it, if you used the cd to install it the first time try going to the minelab web site and download it direct from there, hope this helps, sarge

Are you sure that the application is maximized or centered on the screen? I had an issue with a mini laptop I loaded exchange on. I found that portions of the application were beyond the boundaries of the display.

Not the problem, maximized on a full size desktop PCs

GKMan said:
Are you sure that the application is maximized or centered on the screen? I had an issue with a mini laptop I loaded exchange on. I found that portions of the application were beyond the boundaries of the display.

II/ Downloading and Using Programs with the CTX XChange Software
When I opened the graphics of the ExChange2 software I was a bit intimidated. Once I saw how simple and intuitive it was--it became second nature. First install the software from the disc and register.
Open up the program and source a program fine to download. I will be bringing as many files as can be found to my site:
http://clivesgoldpage.com/ under: "CTX 3030 Programs
This file will be placed in your "Downloads" folder.
On the right you will see a file titled: "File". This is the "landing strip" for anything you want to bring in. When you click on "File" an icon opens up in the grey strip above--a square with an arrow in it--indicating "Upload." Click on this icon and you will be asked to select a file--a Minelab (MLF) file. Look around for your file and double click on it. The program will then be placed in the "File" area. From there you can drag and drop it either into the "All" folder or into any of the "Collection" folders that you can chose to create. To create a "Collection" click the plus sign in e book at top left. This will bring up a set of choices as to how you will name, colour code and select an icon for this folder. Mine are: "Gold" and "Inland".
Once you have brought in the programs you want to use you are ready to transfer them to the CTX. To do this unscrew the USB port on the CTX. Then insert the supplied cord into both the CTX's USB port and the one on your PC or laptop. Momentarily, the detector will show at the top left--above "All". The CTX will hold 9 programs, so to bring in new ones some may have to be deleted. To do this click on the CTX file and you will see al of the installed programs listed. Drag and drop the unwanted one to "Recycle". These can still be restored later.
From "All" or "File" drag and drop any programs you want to install to the CTX area. To complete the install, go to the right bottom corner of your computer screen and click the upwards arrow to show items in the "Tray" . There will be a small icon of a finger drive. When you hover the cursor over it--it will say: "Safely Remove Hardware and Remove Media". Click on this icon and the CTX will be visible as connected. Then click on this and the CTX will be ejected from your system. To complete the program install turn the CTX off. It will show that it's downloading programs and shut off automatically when done. Be sure to thoroughly inspect the threads of the USB cap before securely replacing it. See the section above on securing this cap properly. You are now ready to hunt with your new CTX 3030 programs. Additional sources of CTX 30309 programs to try will be given in the Appendix of this book.
Each file can then be recalled and edited by clicking on the small "pencil and paper" icon in the right hand corner of each search program file. This will bring up all of it's features and discriminate patterns to be edited. Ths is much easier than trying to make changes in the field.
All files can also be exported to be shared by e-mail or posted on "Facebook." As discussed above, I've had good success downloading and testing custom programs from around the world to refine ones for my specific purposes--finding gold in the water.
The XChange software also acts as a storage for your "GeoHunt" "Waypoint" and "Findpoint" files and these can be found under "All" and moved to where you want to store them.
From "A Practical Guide to Finding Gold, Silver and Coins with the Minelab CTX 3030" by Clive James Clynick (2016)

Good info, but it still doesn't tell me why the file icon doesn't appear on my application.

cjc said:
II/ Downloading and Using Programs with the CTX XChange Software
When I opened the graphics of the ExChange2 software I was a bit intimidated. Once I saw how simple and intuitive it was--it became second nature. First install the software from the disc and register.
Open up the program and source a program fine to download. I will be bringing as many files as can be found to my site:
http://clivesgoldpage.com/ under: "CTX 3030 Programs
This file will be placed in your "Downloads" folder.
On the right you will see a file titled: "File". This is the "landing strip" for anything you want to bring in. When you click on "File" an icon opens up in the grey strip above--a square with an arrow in it--indicating "Upload." Click on this icon and you will be asked to select a file--a Minelab (MLF) file. Look around for your file and double click on it. The program will then be placed in the "File" area. From there you can drag and drop it either into the "All" folder or into any of the "Collection" folders that you can chose to create. To create a "Collection" click the plus sign in e book at top left. This will bring up a set of choices as to how you will name, colour code and select an icon for this folder. Mine are: "Gold" and "Inland".
Once you have brought in the programs you want to use you are ready to transfer them to the CTX. To do this unscrew the USB port on the CTX. Then insert the supplied cord into both the CTX's USB port and the one on your PC or laptop. Momentarily, the detector will show at the top left--above "All". The CTX will hold 9 programs, so to bring in new ones some may have to be deleted. To do this click on the CTX file and you will see al of the installed programs listed. Drag and drop the unwanted one to "Recycle". These can still be restored later.
From "All" or "File" drag and drop any programs you want to install to the CTX area. To complete the install, go to the right bottom corner of your computer screen and click the upwards arrow to show items in the "Tray" . There will be a small icon of a finger drive. When you hover the cursor over it--it will say: "Safely Remove Hardware and Remove Media". Click on this icon and the CTX will be visible as connected. Then click on this and the CTX will be ejected from your system. To complete the program install turn the CTX off. It will show that it's downloading programs and shut off automatically when done. Be sure to thoroughly inspect the threads of the USB cap before securely replacing it. See the section above on securing this cap properly. You are now ready to hunt with your new CTX 3030 programs. Additional sources of CTX 30309 programs to try will be given in the Appendix of this book.
Each file can then be recalled and edited by clicking on the small "pencil and paper" icon in the right hand corner of each search program file. This will bring up all of it's features and discriminate patterns to be edited. Ths is much easier than trying to make changes in the field.
All files can also be exported to be shared by e-mail or posted on "Facebook." As discussed above, I've had good success downloading and testing custom programs from around the world to refine ones for my specific purposes--finding gold in the water.
The XChange software also acts as a storage for your "GeoHunt" "Waypoint" and "Findpoint" files and these can be found under "All" and moved to where you want to store them.
From "A Practical Guide to Finding Gold, Silver and Coins with the Minelab CTX 3030" by Clive James Clynick (2016)

I know, the original XChange prog. was very sluggish when I ran it went to GoneHunting's page and got this upgraded version it's fine now. I have the file but it's to huge to send except by dropbox let me know if you want to try it.
rgrdz
clivce

When I get time I'm going to delete it and downloaded it right from the Minelab website. Just need to find the time.

cjc said:
I know, the original XChange prog. was very sluggish when I ran it went to GoneHunting's page and got this upgraded version it's fine now. I have the file but it's to huge to send except by dropbox let me know if you want to try it.
rgrdz
clivce

It should be the version that also has the GPZ7000 on it. Runs perfectly.
Regardz
clive
clivesgoldpage.com

Could you send us a screenshot of what you are not seeing?

Try a different usb cable. Last time I had this problem it was the cable. The other time was when the computer did not recognize that something new was plugged into the usb port. Have since moved to a laptop that does not have the recognition problem.

the downloaded programs come as a zip file.
after unzipping them i see a sharedata file which i can not upload in the xchange software.

error importing file it says.....

what am i missing here to get the programs into xchange2?

Robve66 said:
the downloaded programs come as a zip file.
after unzipping them i see a sharedata file which i can not upload in the xchange software.

error importing file it says.....

what am i missing here to get the programs into xchange2?

Gotta have a little more info. Where are you downloading these from?

Robve66 said:
clivesgoldpage.com

sorry i forgot to mention that....

OK, I went to that website and looked at the CTX programs. Every one was an MLF file. Are you sure you were trying to download the correct item?