Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Adding Gasket

It's water proof to ten ft from the factory, good to go unless your diving deeper.

Without having opened up my 800, I think doing so to add a better or different gasket would be more likely to add risk of leakage than leaving it alone. I also suspect it would void hope of warranty coverage.

Here's a couple of pics of the battery compartment opened up. The battery has two O rings on the end of it that seals the compartment. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe there's a seal underneath the door that covers the battery compartment as well.

there is NOTHING you can do to increase the water-proofness of the battery compartment. That isnt the weak point in the depth rating

don tyler said:
Has anyone used some type of gasket in battery area to make it waterproof ?

I think a more obvious response to your question is to ask, "Are you somehow under the impression that it's NOT waterproof???"

I see that some of the equinox detectors have water inside screens, Has anyone come up to why this is happening??

I bet some are from just not checking the connections.

don tyler said:
I see that some of the equinox detectors have water inside screens, Has anyone come up to why this is happening??

I think this was from bad QC on the first detectors, in the rush to get them shipped. The control head case is RF-welded closed but it has buttons and ports that pass through. I haven't seen any water intrusion complaints after that first batch.

There is a gasket now made on the big site I think it’s about $5.00

I saw that Mkus. Interesting piece.....however where those prongs went into the electric looking holes.... water would still get in. It would however keep more of the fine sand out. I say don’t mess with something if it’s working lol.