Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Advertising Suspicion

Being a long time Explorer user XS and II I have always wished I had the money to buy a Minelab GPX 5000 (maybe after kids are raised and have left home) I see a GPX 5000 F/S brand new in the box for 800.00 that's right 800.00 US and after some feedback I'll tell you where. I e-mailed this guy and he said he still has it but his work has taken him to United Kingdom and I can pay by paypal free shipping.First thing I thought is this thing is a bootleg. I went to the school of if the deal is to good to be true it is. What do you guys think? Thanks Phillip.

Yeah, thats a scam for sure.

That does sound a bit shaky. Why does P.T. Barnum's quote come to mind..."there's a sucker born every minute." Chris

:heh: look minelab.com they have separate section with list-counterfeited detectors and who makes them.

And the fact that he claims to be american, but just happens to be overseas confirms that suspicion for me. Maybe he is a Nigerian prince as well.

DANGER DANGER WILL ROBERSON!!! Is there a way to check how long hes been on the site and are there ratings on him? If its a classified on one of the forums how many posts.

Dew

Do you honestly believe that you will really get a brand new $5600 detector for $800..........delivered free....... from overseas? Oh my :surrender:

You kidding me?---A GPX 5000 for 800 bucks???-----You better run not walk away from that one!---That is unless you got 800 smackers to flush down the toilet!-----Well, you asked us what we think--me thinks I smell a BIG barrel of rotten fish on that one.

For The Proof in the pudding go to Cincinnati Craigslist type Metal Detector in the search box it is listed on Mar 16 with no price then on Apr. 6 with the price.Thanks for the feedback. I e-mailed this guy to send me the serial No. so I could check it with Minelab first let's see if he responds. Again Thanks.

allgirls said:
For The Proof in the pudding go to Cincinnati Craigslist type Metal Detector in the search box it is listed on Mar 16 with no price then on Apr. 6 with the price.Thanks for the feedback. I e-mailed this guy to send me the serial No. so I could check it with Minelab first let's see if he responds. Again Thanks.

He won't respond.....if he does he is hard core!

Don't discount any offers on e-bay.
A friend of mine has purchased an Omega Seamaster 007 special anniversary edition with a retail of about

yeah, it"s a scam. I lost $1,550 on a great deal. Sure would like to, personally, catch these folks. It would be the last time for them. I bury them with a clad up their keister.

[size=large]george decker, did you use paypal? my wife seems to feel there is security in using them. i have no experience myself.

HH[/size]

I'd be very careful with that one.