Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ADVICE NEEDED

I have about a 45-60 minute window to hit an area tomorrow morning during low tide to look for a Tungsten wedding band before the tide comes back in and I get beat up by the shore break. My question is this. Should I discriminate out all other signals for this limited time (using a Tungsten ring extremely similar in size and weight) on the CTX so I can just focus on this one area in an effort to find this ring? It'll be dark as low tide is a -1.4 tomorrow around 5am and I don't want to waste time digging iffy's or anything else for that matter.

My thought was to create a fully discriminated screen and waive the tungsten ring opening up just for that area and maybe a few other cubes around it.

Thoughts?

Whats it going to fall.... 12-26 to 12-33 depending on size.

I'm not trying to overthink it (haha) but trying to be surgeon instead of a GP. I just created a pattern in the relic program where I rejected everything and then opened up the 12-27 to 12-31 areas as it varied everytime I passed it by the coil. This is my last realistic shot at finding this ring given the tides and where it was lost. This particular beach has a continual washing machine break from 15 yards into the shore. If I don't get it tomorrow I'll have to wait a month for conditions to allow me out far enough. I don't mind getting wet to detect but here it's wash, rinse, repeat.

I'm hoping that I can come back and tomorrow and say this is why I bought a CTX.

Good luck Dave,maybe you'll come back with that ring you're after and a few more!:bouncy:

Well I did not find the ring. I did find an amazing amount of the smallest little bits and pieces of metal that fell into the tungsten range so if the ring was there or my coil had passed over it I would have found it. The beach was sanded in 7-10 inches from when I'd last been there. I did get to see an awesome feeding frenzy by a pod of about 15 dolphins that lasted for 20 minutes. There were about 10 of us on the beach and we all just stood there and watched. I forgot to turn my gopro on. :ranting: