Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

advice on an 1800s field

Smooth23

Got permission on a bunch of land that had a cabin, wagon trail and small civil war camp on it in the 1800s. Now it is a cattle pasture. How should I go about hitting this place? Wide open and dig it all? Andy's coins? TTF? Just learning this machine still, so need some help.

I've hunted cow pastures just like you describe civil war era in so. mo. here is what I learned. Try looking for old brick.Take your detector and listen for the trash.Try to find pathways.What I mean is figure out where the traffic is.People in those days threw trash everywhere.Most of it was bulky like old cans,mason jar lids,broken old glass.Go around larger older trees.That was the only way they could escape the heat.Check around the larger tree stumps.I hope this helps.Oh and check the creeks ,anywhere there was a source of water.

I'm in Missouri as well. Sounds like good advice, there is a small stream running right through the pasture. I'm itchin to get out there!

You just never know in a field. Best I can tell ya is don't look at the place as a whole. Work grid like in smaller sections. TTF works best for me unless there is tons of modern trash. Good luck!!