Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Advice on buying a F75

ND Digger

I'm looking for some advice on purchasing a F75. I used to have a Minelab Quattro and Safari, liked the depth, but didn't like the recovery speed. I currently have a Garrett Atpro, which is great for water but only so-so on land. I'm looking for a deep detecting, fairly easy to use land detector. Does the F75 fit that description? Any comparisons on depth of the F75 to the Safari and ease of use or other advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

the new updated version of the f75se should be out soon i would wait and get one then, ive used a safari and owned a etrac for a few months and i think the f75 is much easier to learn and use and as far as depth i think there very close for me the minelab safari and etrac are to heavy for me hh

I have an E-Trac and an F75SE... Both are very good detectors and can hit an 8" silver dime
in my test bed with 5" coils... The Minelab is slower than the Fisher in respect to recovery time between signals...
I like either one as they are very good at what they are designed to accomplish and both are easy to learn and use...

For kicks, I set the F75SE to CL/cache mode, sens at 50 (can be set as high as 99) and was able to
detect the 8" silver dime with the 5" coil 8" above the ground... The E-Trac could not match this feat, even with the sens at max of 30...

If lightning fast recovery, ease of use, and maximum depth are what you are seeking, the Fisher brand is hard to beat...

Again, I like both brands and have made many nice finds with either or...

Like ez4sure said, the minelab is a bit heavier, but I'll keep swinging it as long as I can; Then I'll switch to the light weight Fisher until I'm too old to hunt anymore...

HH Robert

The etrac is heavy and slow and screen id hard to see alot of times.. They are good at finding silver ;) the f75 feels lighter than the advertised weight due to great balance.. Super fast very deep and easier to use.. I own a F70 now and just ordered the new F75 LTD 2 ... My F70 is amazing.. Very deep super fast recovery and well i just sold my etrac..

I too own a F-75 SE and an E-Trac and both are very good machines. If you hunt a lot of public areas for coins and jewelery the E-Trac would be my choice especially if there is a lot of trash. Most public areas require slowing down anyway and the E-Trac does better for me. I prefer the F-75 for hunting relics CW or old homesites and the machine does very well. Depth is great on both machines. Factory service from both Minelab and Fisher are very good. I also have a CTX 3030 although you did not mention this machine it is very good in any situation and it is waterproof. Different tools for different jobs. Good luck with whatever decision you make. Just my opinion because I am certainly no expert. HH :minelab::fisher::teknetics:

Is the Etrac much harder to learn than the Safari? I don't get time to hunt a lot (less than 10) in the year, so I don't have a lot of opportunity to play with different settings, etc. That's why I chose the Safari, but wasn't real impressed by the recovery speed.

its not much harder to learn the etrac but it takes alot of hours to get good with it. you can say the same about the f75 if you do some homework by watching videos on youtube and reading the manuals online that will help speed up the learning gl