Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Advise on fixing my Excalibur 1000

Hey guys, I usually post on the Explorer forum. Not much water hunting for me. I am thinking of selling my older Excalibur 1000. The deal is, it has an on-off knob problem. It works but to shut it off I have to disconnect the battery. This is probably a 10 year old machine, but has only been used at most 10 times per season.

My question to you guys is should I get it fixed before trying to sell it? The repair is around $125.

My feeling is that no one is going to want to pay much unless it is completely working.

Thanks - Robin

BFCB,

Hard to say - if I was in your situation, I would either pay for the repair, or chance doing it my self. Since you want to sell it, it's probably better to have the work done for you, depending on your own comfort level doing that kind of work. If you want to see how that work is done, look up Old Beach Nut and watch some of his videos. He makes it look easy, but I don't know if that means it is easy. I have never removed the board from and Excal, so I can't tell you. If you go to the Modifications forum, there are several people that have modded their Excal knobs though.

Good luck,

If it were me id have it repaired.... it gives you peace of mind selling it and if there are other issues they get addressed. I think you would get top money for it that way. Some people dont care..... if the price is right they will have it repaired. Some prefer those over the Xcal II and water machines are hot right now.......

Dew

Well I say fix it also but if you want to sell it as is let me know the price I may be interested.

TY.

I would get it fixed. You will get a better responce and closer to the money your looking for. Question, does it turn off then turn back on? First one does in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N37wM4byx8s

No, the switch clicks but nothing happens (stays on). The threshold is either off or on with very little adjustment of the volume. I will take a closer look at the back of the switch.
Thanks - BF