Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Afraid of the cold and snow? The CTX isn't

jtram

Morelic and I went last Saturday the 23rd to a civil war camp that I hadn'f been to in several years. The forcast was for the high to be in the upper 30's but we decided to make the journey anyway. The landowner said that there was snow on the ground but being only a couple of hours away and no snow here I thought there wouldn't be much. So off we went and when we pulled into the property this is what we were looking at.

We started hunting and the first find of the day was a Colt Revolving Rifle bullet. The next was a nap sack hook. I finally ventured into a part of the field that was so junky we had been basically unable to hunt it in the past due to all the iron. This is when all we had were concentric coils on our Whites and Fisher machines. It didnt take long for the CTX to do her magic by picking out tagets amongst all the iron. In total I ended up with 6 bullets. 2 Colt Revolving Rifle Bullets 4 69 three ringers and a 1851 Large cent. Morelic found a couple of buttons, a large iron key and the rear sight to an enfield rifle.

The I was using GoneHuntings Program in Ferrous Coin Auto +3. Super day despite the snow. The Pictures didnt turn out in order but I hope you get the idea.

:surprised: cool hunt!

Nice hunt! I knew the CTX would find more goodies at your old sites. Looks like you could use a little more snow. Want some of ours?

Bryan we don't need anymore cold weather it is baseball season. My son's game was snowed out on Friday the 1st. These were found with the stock coil. I haven't made the leap and bought the 17" coil yet but maybe this spring.

Nice finds guys, the ctx is sweet in the iron mix gotta love it. The ctx will run just fine in temps down to the 0 range a little snow kept the frost out of the timber so I could get one last hunt in before it got to deep. Must be hard up for something to do!! NOT:razz:

Nice work Jim. Hope I can do as well when I get familiar with my CTX.

Greg you will like it If you need any help when you get it just call or text. I will help all I can an if we have a problem I am sure one of the great folks in here can point you in the right direction