Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

After digging a Merc, I recorded some classic iron falsing [VIDEO]

ronfin

Went back to my honey hole for a little today, and within 10 minutes I had another Mercury dime. However, that was it for the next 2 hours. During the next two hours I dug a bunch of junk, and was able to record a classic iron false on a deep nail. Hope the video helps some of ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKBUDNHSPM4

Crap, I just realized I left out the last 30 seconds on the video showing the nail. It was a chunky piece of iron, like an old nail. I'll have to redo it and put it up. ugh

Here's the back of the 1941 Merc. Just noticed it was an "S" mint. :)

56181210151094651639149.jpg

Holy deep dime ronfin! I got me a 1942 D merc today. If we combined our Mercs we could have a 1942 over 41 then we'd be in the money!

I'll get a new version of the video up that shows the nail that came out of the hole. Haven't had time tonight to re-do it. Girlfriend is over, movie night, and if she catches me on [here] I'm dead meat! haha She's in the shower so I thought I'd throw out a quick update before I get read the riot act.

Thanks Ron.