Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

After Hermine, My first GoPro..........

bob.oz

I can't believe I could not find a gold ticket in the scoop for as many times and hours I've been out since TS Hermine!!
I was on the beach with the 705, on the wet with the DF, in the water with the Xcal....and all I got to show is a no go GoPro, lots of crusty clad ($13.96), silver, tungsten, stainless rings and junk jewelry.
All the rings (group pic with other water finds.. key, earring , dud stud) were found with the Xcal...3 silver, 3 Tungsten,1 kids and a stainless lords prayer, my 5th one!
The bracelet (1oz) and earring are 925, along with the butane lighter, match box and clip, were all 705 finds. The bracelet was a beach volleyball court find.
I only spent a couple hours on the wet with the DF finding coins and way too much trash to continue with it.
The GoPro was a lucky find... With so many aluminum cans, tops and bottoms out there from the storm and the water being so dirty and brown, I would ignore the oversized, loud tones that would signal inches above or beside the coil easily. The side of the coil hit the GoPro a couple of times and for some reason I decided to push it into the scoop with the coil to see what it was. I could not see it even though I was only in just above knee deep water. If the water had been its usual gin clear, anyone could of eyeballed it.
I was thinking it looked pretty dry inside and could still be good, but with all those barnacles growing on it I knew it had been in the water a long time (4 months), so I had my doubts. After I got it home I could see that, although it was not full of water, it did have moisture inside. I opened it up and got the SD card out and downloaded it to my computer. It has stills and video of a family boating, skiing, and spending time at the beach. I would bet that the camera was new at the time because of lots of selfie stick use and also the first pics start at 5/6/16 and end 5/7/16. I know I will be able to find the people who lost it because they are locals and just about neighbors judging by the background land marks I can see in the video as they are leaving their dock. There is a bridge and condo that I'm very familiar with because it is one of the same 3 bridges I use daily to get to and from my house. From the bridge I should be able to see their boat on the lift, approximate the house location and then ID it from the road.
GL ALL

Looks Good!! The Go Pro is as good as gold.. Be interesting if you can track down the owners

Nice hunt Bob.
Congrats on the loot.