Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

After Market Shafts for the Equ

Jim Robertson

Has anyone purchase one and how do you like it? I have seen them as high as $159.00 lot of money. Just need to check before I spenp that much. Thanks

Jim Robertson said:
Has anyone purchase one and how do you like it? I have seen them as high as $159.00 lot of money. Just need to check before I spenp that much. Thanks

[size=medium]Just curious, why do you think you need one?[/size]

Jim,
I have some connections and I picked up a
Tele-nox telescoping shaft, but nowhwre near the $159 price. That is the only shaft I feel is worth spending $ on for the Equinox. It makes it easy to transport, and also i like to snorkel snd detect so it makes it possible tonuse the Equinox for that purpose. I would recommend that shaft if you are going to change from stock. I never had any issues with the stock shaft, but the Telescoping one just adds so much versatility.

Jim Robertson said:

Try Detect-Ed, located in Australia but with our low dollar you would still get it posted for a lot less than $159. I recently bought the combo pack and 2 extra lower rods and I'm quite happy with my purchase.

Build your own I did easy just buy the tubing..

Thanks to everyone for the good information. HH

Oh and Steve makes a great product and has the best cam lock for his shafts!
Mark

HighPlainsHunter said:
Jim Robertson said:

[size=medium]Just curious, why do you think you need one?[/size][/quot

I know right my Equinox shaft works just fine use the money for a 6" coil or waterproof headphones

u2robert said:
HighPlainsHunter said:
Jim Robertson said:

[size=medium]Just curious, why do you think you need one?[/size][/quot

I know right my Equinox shaft works just fine use the money for a 6" coil or waterproof headphones
If you beach hunt which I do a lot of sand gets in those cams and they become hard to turn and no Matter how much
I tried mine always had play in them ...
Do I did a self built shaft bought a cam lock from Steve and it works great!

Can someone answer a question about the Tele-Knox Shaft? Can the coil rotate 90 degrees when the shaft is collapsed? When the Equnox is laying on its side, it will fit in an area 5" high (like in a bag or on a shelf). When the Equinox is sitting upright, it needs 12". That's the only thing keeping me from buying one.