Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

After two years and a dozen detectors now have a v3i again

irnwrkr

Just acquired a v3i again after 2 years. I've had just about everything else under the sun.

What brought you back?

It's a decent detector they just need to upgrade it to water proof so it can go head to head against the CTX.

That's great. Welcome back! I just did the same thing. There's just something about the V3i that appeals to the nerd part of our brains. It may not be the deepest or fastest, but learning the V3i sure makes you understand detectors better. And having all those adjustments and displays is just plain FUN. :detecting:

A golden opportunity brought me back.in ten minutes with it I found out I ned to rework a field I been working on with other uits

While I don't own a V3i, just now, I know how you feel. I've tried almost every well known detector made and the V3i is up there with the best.

Hit a field for 15 min ive been pounding with other detectors. I found $1 in clad. Dont know how I missed it

irnwrkr said:
Just acquired a v3i again after 2 years. I've had just about everything else under the sun.

Did you save any of the other detectors? Or have they gone the way of all detectors that we have high expectations of that didn't work out?

Rich -

Congrats on the v3i . I have tried out /owned several detectors my self and I absolutely love my v . It's the perfect fit for me and my brain :)

I actually sold the units so I could get the funds up and found a v3i. Im down to the mx sport and v3i. Im stopping right there

irnwrkr said:
I actually sold the units so I could get the funds up and found a v3i. Im down to the mx sport and v3i. Im stopping right there

I've been thinning the herd myself. Hoping to get down to Two.

Rich -

I'm following that same trend - moving from the Tesoro house to strictly White's

I would agree I have two V3i machines, I've tried others and There is No comparison in my opinion. I will add it's easy to really destroy the V's capabilities if you don't set it up right for your search area and It takes time to learn to use it and set it up right.

I read that the V3 can be a turn on and do then again ...
some say you have to set it up right?

Can anyone tell me what specifics are there in setting
it up right?

Thanks!
Larry

I love my V3i.... I have an MXT and a Eagle Spectrum that I bought new back in the 90s..... If I can't find it with these machines it can't be found.....:detecting:
About the only thing I am thinking about as an upgrade is Garrett's Z-Lynx wireless headphone adapter kit.for the MXT... I hope White's comes out with something similar soon... I kinda like to keep things in the family..

larryk56 said:
I read that the V3 can be a turn on and do then again ...
some say you have to set it up right?

Can anyone tell me what specifics are there in setting
it up right?

Thanks!
Larry
mostly sensitivities .running the v too hot can hurt ya ;)

Wondering about mine, might shed it.

After 40 years of detecting, I couldn't help but to get a V3I. I usually water hunt with an Excal II and Sovereign GT for the beach but have had a 6000 DI Pro, Eagle Spectrum, XLT, DFX, and now this. I'm usually a water person, but a White's fan at heart. Here we go again. I love the display and so far I see the depth that I got with the XLT, and the sensitivity for gold I used to see with the DFX. So far all looks good. Don't get much time to get on here as I work a lot, but look forward to spending more time on this forum. Happy hunting and good luck to all.:cheers: