Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Afternoon hunt today

bwstephen

Had some free time today and went on a hunt at the beach in our state park. Really wouldn’t expecting to find much and did I get a surprise. I hit on my 14 K ring that weighed 6.78 grams. What

Attachments

• IMG_0260.jpeg
    IMG_0260.jpeg
    453.4 KB · Views: 100
I know what you mean, my first thought it was stainless steel and put it in my pocket. I could see no stamp but when I got home it had a worn stamp 14K, gout out my electronic tester and was gold. Sweet surprise this time of year with few people on beach.

good job finding lost treasure. in Texas we can’t hunt state parks, except under special circumstances. out of curiosity, what state do you live in?
South Carolina, we can only hunt beaches in state parks.Guess they like to let relics to rot in the ground, Francis Marion is a federal park here with 1/4 million acres with no hunting. They harvest the pine timber and leave large depressions in the ground but don’t get caught with a scoop detecting. Makes no sense.

Gold is gold. I found that Catholic pendant and thought it was brass or the likes until it was suggested to have a jeweler look at it. His conversation started, “Well I have good news….”
Never say never until someone with experience and the right tools says otherwise!!! Cool ring for sure.

good job finding lost treasure. in Texas we can’t hunt state parks, except under special circumstances. out of curiosity, what state do you live in?
South Carolina. Only hunt beaches in our state parks.