Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Afternoon hunt with the MXT

mike5853

I had a couple hours and decided to take the MXT to a local park. I hunted an area I hunted before with another detector and found a nice collection of coins and a silver lipstick cap. The coins at the top of the photo are all newer, the five coins at the bottom are pretty cool. Left to right: 1964 nickel, 1961 penny, 1941 nickel, the small coin or token - unknown, and a James Madison coin. The small coin is soaking in a mild solution. I can see some writing on it but it

I believe the small coin is a zinc penny, they corrode badly in the ground and the edges begin to fall apart. You missed silver by only one year with your 1941 nickel! The following 4 years had silver in them.
Have you noticed the lack of the motto "In God We Trust" on your Dollar coin? It's not missing but inscribed along the coin

Lookin' good! I'm with Aaron, it looks like one of those stinkin' Lincoln zinc cents. They get pretty corroded and ate up in the ground. Love seeing those nickels. HH, Nancy

Nancy-IL said:
Lookin' good! I'm with Aaron, it looks like one of those stinkin' Lincoln zinc cents. They get pretty corroded and ate up in the ground. Love seeing those nickels. HH, Nancy

I thought so when I found it but it reads 35 on the MXT, so I'm not sure what it is.

Aarong81 said:
I believe the small coin is a zinc penny, they corrode badly in the ground and the edges begin to fall apart. You missed silver by only one year with your 1941 nickel! The following 4 years had silver in them.
Have you noticed the lack of the motto "In God We Trust" on your Dollar coin? It's not missing but inscribed along the coin

Due to the corrosion the vdi will change, have to agree with Nancy on this one.