Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Afternoon park Hunts.

TRIPLE-SSS

Went to a couple parks yesterday, a lot of change but not any real good jewelry. Stopped digging all the pull tabs at 27-28 vdi #s. after about the 30-40 one. The bottle caps have a very distinct tone and stopped digging them too. Set the recovery Speed at 7 and focused on shallow targets only. Allot easier to retrieve targets at the beach with a sand scoop, my back is soar as hell, at 70 , a lot harder on your body compared to when I was younger. I probably missed a ring or two by not digging the 27-28 vdi numbers, just too much work for a lousy pull tab.

That's the problem with Jewelry, it can ring in at any number. Id say your way more patient than me. After digging 3 or 4 pull tabs at a certain TID, I normally ignore that number for the rest of the day. I'm sure I miss some good targets doing that but oh well. Thanks for sharing.

That's the problem with Jewelry, it can ring in at any number. Id say your way more patient than me. After digging 3 or 4 pull tabs at a certain TID, I normally ignore that number for the rest of the day. I'm sure I miss some good targets doing that but oh well. Thanks for sharing.
Welcome!

Been there done that…… So far I have recovered two nickels in the 27-28 realm, one was that 1925 Canadian nickel and the other was a V nickel. Dont know why they went high but they did, the Canadian ended up being a rare coin with some value so pick your battles. Seems like most bottle caps I get are shallow and ring 48-49 but if deeper I dig and one bigger silver ring was the result. Im still playing with the BC mode but not sure it helps unless near surface.

Went to a couple parks yesterday, a lot of change but not any real good jewelry. Stopped digging all the pull tabs at 27-28 vdi #s. after about the 30-40 one. The bottle caps have a very distinct tone and stopped digging them too. Set the recovery Speed at 7 and focused on shallow targets only. Allot easier to retrieve targets at the beach with a sand scoop, my back is soar as hell, at 70 , a lot harder on your body compared to when I was younger. I probably missed a ring or two by not digging the 27-28 vdi numbers, just too much work for a lousy pull tab.
With recovery 7 how deep are you getting ?
I'm curious. I'm looking for a gold cross lost in the last year. I'm running 4 presently.

My understanding of the recovery speed is the faster the better it “should” be in trashy areas. Otherwise slow it down to 3-4 to maintain a better depth. Betting the actual numbers depend on the soil and targets encountered.

My understanding of the recovery speed is the faster the better it “should” be in trashy areas. Otherwise slow it down to 3-4 to maintain a better depth. Betting the actual numbers depend on the soil and targets encountered.
The cross can't be too deep. You just have to dig everything.
I've read speed cuts depth.
I'm thinking of turning senc down 5 or 10.
Yes I'm looking for what I think will be low conductor. Though the loops on the arms may ring high.
Look like this but 1/8 solid gold wire.
About a 1" and a quarter tall.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231122-222238.png
    Screenshot_20231122-222238.png
    218.9 KB · Views: 31
With recovery 7 how deep are you getting ?
I'm curious. I'm looking for a gold cross lost in the last year. I'm running 4 presently.
Hi, At 7 recovery speed, you will get at least 8 inches on good targets, don’t know about some of your smaller targets. Where I hunt, only dig 1-4 inches, too much work in the hard compact soil.

Hi, At 7 recovery speed, you will get at least 8 inches on good targets, don’t know about some of your smaller targets. Where I hunt, only dig 1-4 inches, too much work in the hard compact soil.
What about very low senc setting ?
Any idea how to get just 3-4" ?

Last edited: