Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ahhhh...the rumors about a new machine that goes 20"

Steve from Ohio

I have been doing some research on the supposed new machine that will be available this fall from Minelab that will find a coin at 20 inches. It is supposed to be a waterproof PI machine that will replace the E-trac and the Explorer and possibly the Excalibur.

So far, I have been unable to verify that this is the case. I've called Minelab and all I got was a big laugh. I've called dealers to see if they know anything. So far no one has heard of this except by reading it on the internet.

Seems that someone wants to see how many views and replies they can get by posting this information on all the metal detecting sites. These postings are everywhere. Seems to be by the same person.

Maybe someone who wants to put a dent in Minelab sales by making people wait to get the new machine? Who knows?

Let me repeat,

As of right now, I have not been able to find any information that would verify that Minelab is going to release a new PI machine that will replace the E-trac and Explorer.

Just a rumor that has taken a life of its own.

It sounds like someone has a low grade education or none, if that's a turn on to them to post a false claim like that. It only hurts them, I'm a firm believer of what goes around comes around. someday it will come back and bite him or her in the butt. But on a positive note, If they ever do make a machine like them I hope it can be set to not pick up pennies if you don't want it to. Unless your hunting inland and hoping to get a 1909S VDB. Then you wouldn't mind finding that penny at 20''. As for me my Excal II makes me dig deep enough. As for the person that posted the false claim, I sure wouldn't want you as a friend or neighbor. Mean people suck! Gene

Minelab already has machines that will go that deep. Just put on a larger coil and hunt bodies.My 2 cents. HH:minelab:

The authors of the original postings about this rumor have less than 30 posts on all of the sites this rumor has been posted on.

The posts are from people with little if any credibility.

Seems this myth has been BUSTED for now.

The rumor doesnt seem that far fetched to me. We arent talking about a big design change here. PI with disc, color LCD much like the V3, and 20 inches on the beach. There are always changes in the works. I guess the thing that didnt make sense was a release of this type machine yet they are swamped currently unable to get detectors out. If it were a machine capable to hunt land and sea... it would become a buyers market on our current machines and used detector prices would drop. Dont dump your machines yet guys im a ill believe it when i see it guy.

Dew

Hello,

Some guy on a french forum spotted the patent for a new Minelab multifrequency PI detecor with disc.Date, december 30, 2009.

The site is in french, but the patent is in english.

Here it is.

That doesn't mean the detector will be on sale this year, nor the coming years...Just a patent, I suppose.

HH

Nick

From reading the patent, I am of the opinion that this circuitry invention will be for an update to the GPX 4500 or even a new gold machine and not a replacement for the Excalibur / E-Trac / Explorer as some have guessed.

Just because a patent was applied for and granted does not mean that the technology will even make it into production. But it could be used to protect technology that will be coming down the road. But as I said, not a replacement for the top VLF detectors that Minelab offers but to me it seems a good technology to use for gold detecting.

We will see in just a few short months if this rumor has any legs. For now I stand by my opinion that there will be no new machine using this technology in the near future.

Dig said:
I dig coins and rings with my excal in all metal from 18 to 20" with regularity. No BS

Me too, Mate. I don't see what the big deal is about this new machine when the old machine already does this and lets be honest - after you get down deeper than a foot the hole starts to collapse and it becomes a race to get the target as the hole collapses and the waves try to refill the hole. The next thing you know you have your leg down a rabbit hole fanning like mad and then an eel goes and bites you.:laugh: I'm quite happy with the Excal and the CZ-21 for depth in the 20" range, anything deeper and I'll break out the Dually, beyond that and I want the detector to come with a submersible backhoe.:rofl: