Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Air Test 17" Coil vs 11" Coil

ptdigger

I searched the Internet for a test of the two coils against each other and could not find one. I am not much of a public speaker or actor so I opted out of making a video.

I bought the 17" Coil because I hunt mostly large farm fields. I hope to cover more ground quicker and a little more depth will not hurt.

I did an air test using a nickel. With a manual sensitivity of 30. With the 11 inch coil, I get 12 inches on the nickel and with the 17 inch coil, I get 15 inches on the nickel.

ptdigger said:
I searched the Internet for a test of the two coils against each other and could not find one. I am not much of a public speaker or actor so I opted out of making a video.

I bought the 17" Coil because I hunt mostly large farm fields. I hope to cover more ground quicker and a little more depth will not hurt.

AngelicStorm said:
Thanks for the info. :)

Anyone who can possibly do a similar in the ground test comparing both the 11" and 17" 28-30 Sensitivity? I would also like to see those numbers. It will be helpful to others too. Thanks.

I second that!

in manual at 20, I get those or better with my tiny 6 inch coil testing in my basement :shrug: ...my numbers are up there with Terry in Hawaii! I really think the EMI you were apparently experiencing is the culprit?!?

In the field I can run at manual 30 and still have a stable CTX.

If no one has done any field tests with the specifications I was wondering about, would you mind doing it when you get a chance? :heh: Looks as if not to many people have done those sort of tests between those two coils based on the responses here. Hope the snow melts there pretty soon! :thumbup:

As soon as The snow melts. I will try to make a video in the field with my detecting partner. It will about 2-3 months before the snow and frost are gone. I live in Maine. Maybe some one in a warmer climate with both coils will read this and do the test sooner.

ptdigger said:
As soon as The snow melts. I will try to make a video in the field with my detecting partner. It will about 2-3 months before the snow and frost are gone. I live in Maine. Maybe some one in a warmer climate with both coils will read this and do the test sooner.

Yeah, that would be nice. What's your Youtube channel? I can subscribe so that I can see it when you do make it. Either way, I'll check it out just for reference.

I dug a measured 16" minnie ball on manual 30. The beauty of the ctx is outside around EMI with noise cancel I have been able to run mine 25-30 in places some detectors won't even function from EMI. I saw another indoor test done on auto and depth was poor so unless you can turn it up the test is not a good indicator of ctx depth.