Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Air test in 4Khz vs multi on silver half and Morgan dollar

Mark kus

It seems 4KHz locks on with a solid VDI compared to multi I will always still hunt in multi but I will go back over areas using 4Khz I will post a video.

Last edited:
Morgan dollar I called it a half dollar lol

if you let me cut it in half I can make it one :ROFLMAO:

nice video. Thanks for posting

Morgan dollar I called it a half dollar lol

Thanks for posting Mark! I had mine out a bit today in a shady area. It seemed quite noisy. Found some clad a a cheap watch and a couple of Hot Wheels cars...We really need some rain. So far I am not impressed with the new upgrade.

Thanks for the post!
1.) The difference in 4 kHz, and multi is more stable on one than the other? Is it possible there is more silver on the larger target?
2.) Is there any difference on the 4 kHz, and the min'ute variation on the 5 kHz?
My inquiry is obvious! Is there 'really' any advantage to the min'ute variation of the (1) one kHz?
From what I have learned I believe the major attributing factor of updating is the enhancements of the stability in the update?
In cherry picking for silver, I have the Spectra V3i and with the deep silver program, i.e., 2.5 kHz if there is a noticeable difference in a variation of such small kHz, I will use both detectors.
I have already updated the Equinox 800.
Thanks!

It’s the combination of 4khz and other “enhancements” the engineers included.

Thanks for the post!
1.) The difference in 4 kHz, and multi is more stable on one than the other? Is it possible there is more silver on the larger target?
2.) Is there any difference on the 4 kHz, and the min'ute variation on the 5 kHz?
My inquiry is obvious! Is there 'really' any advantage to the min'ute variation of the (1) one kHz?
From what I have learned I believe the major attributing factor of updating is the enhancements of the stability in the update?
In cherry picking for silver, I have the Spectra V3i and with the deep silver program, i.e., 2.5 kHz if there is a noticeable difference in a variation of such small kHz, I will use both detectors.
I have already updated the Equinox 800.
Thanks!
I wish they made it a 2KHz instead of 4

I wish they made it a 2KHz instead of 4
Specifically, my inquiry was: If the Equinox 800 was switched over to the already 5 kHz would there be any difference between the 4 kHz, and the additional 'added' 4 kHz?
The video indicates it may perform as good or better in the mult-freq. After all, it already has the 5 kHz. A person could always switch from single freq., i.e., 4 kHz, to single 5 kHz, and ascertain if there are any differences.
The White's Spectra V3i already provides that information in the graph both in the display of the multi-freq, and in the display of the pinpointing.
Therefore, my analysis is: The update is advantageous because of the enhancements, 'stability'?
To be very specific: Multi-freq. already has the 5 kHz.
Forgive me for digressing; however, I thought I was elaborating enough in the earlier reply.
I will do my own evaluation of the two machines, i.e., cherry picking, with the 5 kHz, and the 4 kHz; however, I posted the inquiry for my fellow members realizing their interest 'if the update' provided any advantage.
And, I will do cherry picking for silver with the Spectra V3i with the deep silver program in 2.5 kHz.
Your video was very appreciated.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Specifically, my inquiry was: If the Equinox 800 was switched over to the already 5 kHz would there be any difference between the 4 kHz, and the additional 'added' 4 kHz?
The video indicates it may perform as good or better in the mult-freq. After all, it already has the 5 kHz. A person could always switch from single freq., i.e., 4 kHz, to single 5 kHz, and ascertain if there are any differences.
The White's Spectra V3i already provides that information in the graph both in the display of the multi-freq, and in the display of the pinpointing.
Therefore, my analysis is: The update is advantageous because of the enhancements, 'stability'?
To be very specific: Multi-freq. already has the 5 kHz.
Forgive me for digressing; however, I thought I was elaborating enough in the earlier reply.
I will do my own evaluation of the two machines, i.e., cherry picking, with the 5 kHz, and the 4 kHz; however, I posted the inquiry for my fellow members realizing their interest 'if the update' provided any advantage.
And, I will do cherry picking for silver with the Spectra V3i with the deep silver program in 2.5 kHz.
Your video was very appreciated.
Thanks!
I tried 5Khz also its about the same results on the morgan dollar and the half I do notice in field 2 out in the field the small pieces of can slaw and other smaller targets come through as a very faint high tones but the coins sound as they should.
Mark

Doberman,
Where can find the Whites V3l deep silver program??
Do you have the manual for the V3i? Download it, and install it on your computer!
Then, do a ctrl F and type in Deep silver.
The first one well read: So if you want to hunt for only deep silver or only gold jewelry, V3i can be optimized for these tasks.
The third entry came up: Deep Silver – Accepts only high-range VDI numbers for high-range targets (silver). When the entire low range is eliminated, one can better concentrate or separate the high VDI numbers (silver) among trash.
I know nobody reads the manual! lol Hopefully, this helps. If it doesn't let me know.
Everyone talks about the White's Spectra V3i being (arduous), having a high learning curve.
Allow me to say the Minelab Equinox 800 is just as arduous. If one wants to study it, and learn all there is about it. I will have to study it, with the advanced settings, and all.

Leatherneck,

I tried 5Khz also its about the same results on the morgan dollar and the half I do notice in field 2 out in the field the small pieces of can slaw and other smaller targets come through as a very faint high tones but the coins sound as they should.
Mark
In my opinion, the most advantage, at the end of the day (as to speak) will be the enhancements to the metal detector provided in the stability from the update?
It is some to be desired that one does not know what the freq./kHz is actually reporting?
After saying all of that, and realizing that the detector already has a 5 kHz, and it would take Einstein to determine if the 5 kHz, or the 4 kHz is much better than the other?
A friend I occasionally do metal detecting with has an inexpensive metal detector, and it has 7.69 kHz, and it shines! He does really well in mostly coins!
I believe it is a copyright issue! I realize if it is, other companies will not want to 'zero' in on the 7.69 kHz.
With metal detectors, having configurability ability, one can reach that optimal goal thru filters, etc.?
You have done very well in your metal detecting, I have noticed the finds you have posted!
Leatherneck,

Checked it outside close to some powerlines and could not believe how much quitter 4 KHZ was over 5 KHZ.
Very good analysis! With the V3i, and other detectors it is a primary/initial inquiry to determine what the EMI is. With the V3i holding the detector waist level and putting the machine into pinpoint mode it will show the kHz that is the highest. Then, one can use a trial and error method with the varying filters, sensitivity, etc. Likewise, with the Equinox 800. The feature with the EMI is somewhat different; although, in my opinion it is much to be desired. As you have stated, changing the kHz makes the machine more stable in high EMI. Eelectrical noise or interference. Electro Magnetic Interference.
Although, one can achieve a more desirable (quiter) machine one has to sacrifice changing to a different kHz?
Could that be achieved by doing the recommended preliminary setting with the instructions with the Equinox 800 for automatically setting the EMI?

Mkus. Nice video.
I have a question.
When you did the air test in multi on the half dolled it was unstable. Was it more stable closer to the half or a foot above.
Doug

Mkus. Nice video.
I have a question.
When you did the air test in multi on the half dolled it was unstable. Was it more stable closer to the half or a foot above.
Doug
Closer it was a bit more stable I have 7 silver halves so far this year and all in multi some there is no question when I'm over one others bounced all over the place but now I can start switching and running 4Khz to check a target.
Mark

Ok thanks Mark. that’s what I i noticed in your video and the same experiencing when out detecting.
So when we see a more solid lock on signal we may not have to dig as deep of a plug. But their is always times we still may have to Lol.
Doug