Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Air test results, really interested in 13" Ultimate and 18 x 15 SEF

I did some air tests on the pro coil and 12 x 15 SEF today and would be really interested in seeing results from the 13" Ultimate coil and 15 x 18 SEF if anyone has them and is willing to air test them.

I ran my machine in factory coins mode, auto sensitivity plus or minus nothing and noise canceled. While my etrac was laying down I ran a wooden yardstick through the webbing in the coil at a 90 degree angle to the coil and tested with a clad quarter by waving past the coil.

The results for a repeatable hit were

Pro Coil = 9 inches

12 x 15 SEF = 10.5 inches

I know it is not actual hunting conditions but would love it if anyone with different coils would post results for any other coils you have with the test done this way. I'm really interested in the results of the Ultimate and really big SEF

The first thing I notice in your post is you ran in Auto sensitivity. To have an even playing field for another person you would need to run in manual and also both use the same channel. Depth is effected by both variables. And air tests should be done with an open screen by both people.

I will gladly test my 13" Ultimate for but we need to be setup the same to even come close an accurate test.

Jeff

Ok, I just repeated the tests with a wide open screen, manual sensitivity set at 25, deep on and was on channel 10. Results with clad quarter are:

Pro coil = 13 inches

12 x 15 SEF = 15.5 inches.

I will go with the same settings. I will not get to it till Thursday and while I am testing I will also test the other three coils I have.

I will get back to you so hold tight.

My testing will have to wait till tomorrow or the weekend. I had soccer practice and a Baseball game to be at with my two boys.

I will get to it then.