Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AKA Metal Detector,Anyone Using One

I hunt at place that there are times that I have to check my shoes to see if the detector is even working or I can't believe how much junk is in the ground. I think with this set up I should be able pull more out of the junk area's-------I have a silver dime in my right shoe and a 44 nickel in my left.---------after1--------

Haha..a dime in your shoe.....funny cause I have actually thought about gluing a dime to the top of my shoe just for checking my AKA machines when I suspect a bad GB or in cases where the ground is so quiet I begin to wonder.

The AkA was put in the mail on Tuesday and today it is still in Russia, I hope to have it by next Friday. I have been reading a little of the manual every day and for me to understand I will be taking baby steps.-------------------------after1-------------------

Used em all . Love the hodograph and light weight.

Woodchip-------do you still use them? -----what is a good tip on running the Sorex Pro???????-------------------------after1----------------------

From the time mine was mailed, it took 16 day to arrive at my doorstep. Beforehand, Igor told me it would take 15-17 days, he was right on. I recently bought a 10.5" coil from him that only took 7 days to get here.

jimz49 said:
What kHz did you order? If I understand the tracking ,the package is ready to leave Russia as of Today. Igor said the way he ships now I should have it in 7-10 days ----------------------------------------after1-----------------------------
From the time mine was mailed, it took 16 day to arrive at my doorstep. Beforehand, Igor told me it would take 15-17 days, he was right on. I recently bought a 10.5" coil from him that only took 7 days to get here.

I ordered a 7khz, although I really wanted a 3khz. Igor said they don't make the 3khz in the 10.5 anymore. So, I now have the 9.5x12.5 in 7khz, the 6x10 in 14khz and the 10.5 in 7khz. All the reading I've done regarding coils in general is the lower frequency coils do better on high conductor targets (ie. silver) and the higher frequency coils are more suited for lower conductor (gold). I don't particularly like the 9.5x12.5 because it seems to big. I guess it has its place on open ball fields, etc. I like 6x10 for most situations. However, because it is 6" wide it loses some depth. I believe (strictly my opinion) the 10.5 will be the best general purpose coil I have.......of course opinions vary.

I would agree that the 10.5 is a good all around coil compared to the big oval one. That one is just a bit too large even when I hunt fields I still like the 10.5 better.

Your combo was what I found to be best...the 10.5 in 7Khz and the 6x10 in 14 khz for getting small low conductors. There is a definite depth difference between the two frequencies mainly on low conductors. I found the 6x10 deeper than the even the large 9x12 on nickels etc. When it came to the high conductors the depth difference was not as large. I would see a few inches more depth on low conductors using the 6x10 at 14kHZ compared to the 10.5 at 7KHZ. BUT.....when going on silver the two coils were closer with maybe the 10.5 having an inch..maybe...probably more like half an inch but could be an inch. SO the difference was more on the low conductor side of things.

Azsh07----------when you say Deeper, What is it in inches???------I feel that the coils for the AKA are better made than what is offered here and I"m not saying we are offered junk. I have the 6x10 14kHz coming and if I can pick up a nickel at 12'' I'll be good to go. -Just Dreaming-------------------------after1------------

Yah...probably not going to get 12" on a nickel...might push 10 inches in decent soil with the 6x10. I don't exaggerate depth results. I have never tried a 14KHZ coil in a larger size..if they even make them...I forget but if they did in the 10.5 or the big 9x12 then you would get an extra inch or so

Received The Sorex Pro Today,Igor did some fast shipping---------------- Put the machine together------light&well balanced-----Just have been reading the manual and trying remember the basic operation,----------Ground Balance tomorrow and reading ------------------------after1----------

OK, When the AKA arrived I was coming down with some type of flu,so 2 hrs yesterday was the first time I was out with the machine. I dug 2 dimes and 3 pennies about 3'' deep. What I can say about the Sorex Pro is I will have the manual with me longer than any machine I have owned . ---------------later-----------------------after1-------------------------