Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AKA,Users

Berkut 5 with 3 search coils
Love it.
:canadaflag: Canada

Hey Sven.I hear ya.have been thinking bout adding one to the list. I know they are coming out with a new one this month is what I hear.Gonna wait and see what kinda price difference it is and what advantages it will have,if any.
it would be nice to have a dealer network setup here.

they are getting some very good remarks on garys site ,and some more new machines are on the way with built in pre engineered wifi headphones ,dual frequency with a choice of 30 frequecies and the amazing hodograph display . i will buy one as soon as the wifi headphones are available.the control box has a built in transmitter

...I am impressed with every video I have seen on the Signum 7272.

There are 30 freq but we still need a new coil for each freq.That would be my only issue.Im getting spoiled with the Deus being able to change to 4 different freq with 4 clicks and the same coil.

the T72 and molotek are fakes,old machines rebranded by some russian scoundrel with a red star faceplate at a higher price

does the AKA brand need its own sub forum ??

targets said:
does the AKA brand need its own sub forum ??

Needs a sponsor first to pay for the sub forum.
Since there are no dealers or distributors and only a handful of us in N. America owning a AKA, don't see it happening anytime soon.
You and I know there is only one dedicated English speaking sub-forum for AKA at Gary's in the UK. That also has visits and posts by the AKA engineers.

6926191_M.jpg

aka_sorex_pro.jpg

I tried to get them to sponsor here...they looked into it but did not do it. I think they will at some point but since they can get free air time on Garys forum they focus energy there at no cost.

I have worked with them for a couple years trying to help get sales with some success but health issues have forced me to stop at this time.

I thought Igor went over the TNET forums recently...but not sure.

I translated the Signum and Berkut manuals for them into English. The Berkut was most painful and I was sick the whole time so it is not as refined as I hoped but it will do.

The Hodograph is probably the best graph currently available to DI probable target makeup and size once you know how to use it. I use a G2 as well and it gets fooled on deeper rusty iron that the AKA machines will hodogrpah always as rusty tin etc. The tone may sound great but the graph will have a negative iron pull to the left side indicating a ferrous component.

Scott

I agree.I use a sorex pro and have went back to trashy iron sites that I had given up on .And its amazing at the targets that i found were still there .And also how much my digging iron targets has went down.

I wish one would come up for sale would like to try. It sounds like a real solid machine. I guess I have to many machines right now. But can always make room for a strong machine.

azsh07 said:
I tried to get them to sponsor here...they looked into it but did not do it. I think they will at some point but since they can get free air time on Garys forum they focus energy there at no cost.

I have worked with them for a couple years trying to help get sales with some success but health issues have forced me to stop at this time.

I thought Igor went over the TNET forums recently...but not sure.

I translated the Signum and Berkut manuals for them into English. The Berkut was most painful and I was sick the whole time so it is not as refined as I hoped but it will do.

The Hodograph is probably the best graph currently available to DI probable target makeup and size once you know how to use it. I use a G2 as well and it gets fooled on deeper rusty iron that the AKA machines will hodogrpah always as rusty tin etc. The tone may sound great but the graph will have a negative iron pull to the left side indicating a ferrous component.

Scott
Hi Scott, was it you that had some videos a while back regarding the Sorex Pro? I know the manual says"don't be lazy..." But for me, visual learning is 10 times more effective than reading. Wish I could find those videos again. Thank you.

Jim Robertson said:
I wish one would come up for sale would like to try. It sounds like a real solid machine. I guess I have to many machines right now. But can always make room for a strong machine.

The handful of us in N. America that own one, seem to like them and in no hurry to give them up once you understand and get used to how they work.
There is a learning curve....................
Nothing says you can buy a new one, you can buy them all day long from Igor, fast service and nice pricing.
They are very well built, nice finish, no cheap materials. European craftsmanship. Circuit board is all high tech SMT micro parts like your cell phone.
Weighs no more than a Tesoro umax detector, control box of the Berkut, Sorex Pro is just a bit bigger and smaller than Teknetics.

Time for a Thanksgiving gift to yourself.

I took them down due to some dealers using them without asking. I spent a lot of time and my own money to help promote these detectors and to have overseas dealers misuse them to sell here just irritated me.

I am always around to answer questions...just post them up on this forum and I will check and answer.

The hodograph is awesome once you get it down. I can always tell the difference between say a smaller piece of rusty tin that gave a good tone but bad hodogrpah and say a coin next to a nail. Audio wise they can sound the same but on the graph they are different.

The key to understanding the graph is it traces the VDI angle constantly from the time the target leads in on the leading edge until it leaves the other side of the coil. This helps to understand what the target makeup is by looking at where the graph hooks etc if it is not a straight line or loop. How much it distorts from a line or narrow loop is also important. Anything draws a Z is junk and almost always tin and usually shaped like a can etc. Whereas flat tin will not give a classic Z formation...it will will be more of a distorted jagged loop with a sharp pull to the left at the bottom ( ferrous content.

Items that are rusty and of irregular shapes other than flat give you that Z or large figure 8 most of the time. Items like ox shoes are similar but tend to be not symetrical meaning not a figure 8...they tend to skew around.

I can ID an ox sho almost 100% of the time even it is deep and gives a solid non ferrous tone by looking at the screen. Whereas with my G2 it will give a good high 78 and not tend to stray much even using edge of coil detection method.

Very small hand forged nails that are deep are still a problem now and then since the signal is so weak it can't get a good trace....but it handles them as good as any other high end machine.

learn the graph and you know when you can walk away. Obviously though I do not hunt in civil war camps so I can ignore ferrous without missing anything.

I can send you his email. I have been his primary contact to send people to him. He takes paypal and shipping is USUALLY less than 10 business days. Sorex Pro is a good machine and as deep as the Signum for the most part in most soils. Get a 10" DD coil at 7Kzh for general detecting and then a 6x10 in either 14 Khz or 7 Khz ( your choice) as an extra coil for trash. I like the 14 Khz for small buttons etc in trash.
Scott

all HAPPY OWNERS so far unlike the bliss which has some happy some not so happy.if you can use a deus its easy to tweak them controls