Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

All day hunt using the 17" coil

rsarge1

I finally got out for a all day hunt after hip surgery using my new 17" coil, I was having problems at first getting used to pin pointing with it as I have heard several others were also having problems, after a while I found that the wiggle back method worked the best for me and when pin point mode is used the middle front bar also was hot so I would do the wiggle back till no more sound then do the pin point mode forward till it was the loudest, and again at a 90 degree angle, and 95 % of the time I was right on, the only time it wasn't was when there were other targets under the coil making it hard to pick out just one. didn't find much but I did cover a large portion of the parks out in the open areas.

My arm feels it after an all day hunt with the 17 incher, but not too bad....For the most part pinpointing is ok, however I still get those wonky targets every once in a while that give me a bit of difficulty.

yeah my arm would feel it also except I was using the minelab harness so it took most of the punishment LOL

Same with smaller coils but more so with larger ones . Also shallow coins will hit off side of coil and throw you way off unless you raise coil and determine it is hitting center of coil .

My first 4 hour hunt using the 17" left me with a pretty sore elbow. Has anyone else noticed depth readings that are deeper than the target is with their 17"? I've noticed mine seems to be off by several inches. Not sure if this is because of other metal in the ground or what but I'll have to start paying close attention to figure out what's happening with that.

Considering getting the Proswing so if anyone has comments good or bad on using one I would like to hear them. Thanks.

I can usually swing the big 17 inch coil for 1 to 2 hours before I start getting a bit tired , the spokes in the coil make lovely dandylyon cutters.. The coil gets snarled on them....

After using the 17 for four 2 hr hunts, I switched back to the 6 inch on a new curb strip. I love that little coil! I can swing it ALL DAY LONG!