Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

All day park hunt

HickFu

I am so tired, Me and the wife spent the whole day at the park with the V3i. 8:30am - 6:30pm. We didn't even make a dent in that place. Very big sports park with 4 softball fields a basketball court, tennis courts and a tot lot. That place is full of trash like i couldn't believe. Me and the mrs. are changing our names to PullTab & BottleCap since that is what we mostly dug today ( along with a lot of FOIL ) oh do I hate foil!!! When we about to leave I looked back at what i had gone over and for 10 hours being there it wasn't very much. We did find a woman's silver and turquoise ring about 6" down right by 2nd base of the only one field we were trying to get around. I need a camera to take some pictures of the stuff we find. We also found a gold ring at the beach the other day. Any one live close that wants to pull foil out of a park all day? lol

Just got my best find of the day! didn't have the MD though. The wife went to the little liquor store down the street and came home with a 1948 silver dime. Hey, I will take it any way i can get it.

You and your wife did put in a long hunting day. And, yes our local parks have a lots of miscellaneous trash. Congratulations for rescuing the silver ring from all that trash. And, good show for finding the silver dime in the change.

You asked if any one living near you would like to go for a hunt together. Well, some of our club members live in your area. If you would like to meet them, our next club meeting is Thursday May 19th.

Gold Coast Treasure Hunters
Meetings 3rd Thursday of every month
7:00 PM at the Senior Center
3900 Avenida Simi
Simi Valley, CA
rip039-gcth@yahoo.com
http://www.gctreasurehunters.com/

Map:
http://www.google.com/maps?q=3900+Avenida+Simi,+Simi+Valley,+California+93063,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=image

Bob

Hey Bob,

I would love to attend, Do I just show up?

Do you guys ever have planned outings detecting anywhere?

Everyone, of any age, is welcome at club meetings so yes, just show up. Check out the map link in my previous post. The Senior Center is on the South side of Avenida Simi. Park in the South end of the West parking lot. The entrance is at the Southwest corner of the building.

The club does schedule hunts scattered throughout the year. A detecting class is usually conducted on the Saturday following club meetings. The classes often turn into impromptu group hunts. And club members often team up for hunts.

At club meetings members get to display what they have found since the last meeting. You will get to see the type and volume of finds others are making in this area. If you decide to join the club you can display your finds to people that understand the time and skill necessary to gather them.

Hope to meet you and your wife next Thursday.
Bob

Bob, Thank you.. We are looking forward to showing up and meeting everyone and learning more about this fun hobby.

Sports field and lots of trash sounds like like a "golden" opportunity to me........:clapping:

My dad lives in Oxnard but doesnt get out to hunt too often. I have try to get him to join the club out there but I guess he works too much.