Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

All good things....come to an end

Hello all. I am in Singapore on a 2 and a 1/2 day layover. Sentosa island has been my best all time beach ever. I was truly blessed to have hunted this place for the past 6 years. Today I hit the water about the time the tide started heading out. A couple minutes in and absolutely zero targets. I thought I was feeling the scallops of those before me but I wasn't sure. I really thought my detector wasn't right as this had never happened to me here before. I looked up on shore and saw another guy enter the water about an hour later. I had never seen a Singaporan with a detector. I made my way over to him and we began to chat. The secret is out. Him, plus three others hit Sentosa almost every day. Apparently a detectorist posted a picture of Sentosa beach and his finds a couple of years back and the word got out. Fast. To top it off, the Singapore dollar is now made of some sort of steel that irons out on the Xcal. It was as if I had lost a dear friend. First time there in 2005 I walked away with 84 rings. Once 32. Today, one gold 18kt ladies. I will remember my time there fondly and will begin my new quest for some other virgin soil. A sad day indeed but, to be expected. Better to have loved and lost...yall know the rest.

As they say, " Que sera sera"
At least you got to have your fun when the time was right, nothing stays the same these days!
Nice gold ring, I'm sure with your globe trotting, you'll stumble on another spot one day...:thumbup:

Ahhh, glory days... very few people can even relate to those extreme numbers,myself being one of them... you were at a relatively virgin site evidently. .. ive been to beaches where ive dug clad at a rate of like 1coin per minute for hrs... ive gone back 2 years later and couldnt even break 1 dollar after hrs of hunting... that 18k is very nice ,congrats

Fine looking treasure for sure! And Yes the internet does play out as a bad thing sometimes...

Very nice 18K ring:thumbup:
As metal detecting as a hobby increases rapidly in popularity, there are more people swinging coils out there. It's getting to be where your just hoping for fresh drops so you have to be the first on the beach after a major holiday, a big storm or at the park after an event i.e. soccer games, sporting events, July 4th Memorial Day and birthday parties etc; etc;. Yes, knowledge and experience and a decent detector and equipment will put you ahead of the game, but even a newbie with a cheap detector can pick up those gold and silver rings and coins and jewellery fresh drops IF his coil passes over the target.
Having said that, there is still a huge amount of great targets still hiding in the parks, beaches, soccer fields and everywhere else and we just need to be creative with methods, timing and be observant when it comes to sidewalk tear out's, storms rolling in, tide patterns.charts and other scenario's that would fill a small book to describe.
Good hunting everyone and I hope to beat you getting to the beach before me...lol!!!!

Congratulations! Nice find