Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

All I can say is thanks the Lord!!!

Mississippi

I am still in shock at this find I made today. This was the last thing on my mind was to dig a two piece tongue and wreath side by side. I found the wreath first at about 3-4 inches very low smooth tone with a TID of 38, was just in hog heaven went over to my digging partner Ted to show him, told him that part of the field was off limits until I made a effort to find the tongue (never thinking it would happen). After about 15 Min's of can you believe it and no way I went back to my hole (thinking to myself I better recheck the hole). I turn my machine on, maybe 4-5 inches to the right of that hole I received another singled, thinking yea right I dug down about 1 1/2- 2 inches had a TID of 35 and out came the tongue and after close inspection as I had never seen one like it the letters VSS came to light (Vicksburg Sharp-Shooters), I was totally shocked, surprised and stunned all at once. The dices were rolled just right today and the good Lord was looking down upon me. Since I have moved to Virginia my goal was to find a Mississippi I, never did I think in a million years I would find a two pieces tongue and wreath associated with Co E 12th Mississippi Regt from Warren County, Miss.

Wow that really is great find combo, it pays to double check and especially give Thanks to the Lord! Would love to find anything civil war, but I'm in the area of Revolutionary days and older. Congrats!

I was using the relic mode: sensitivity around 15, threshold at 9, high trash density, rejecting -10 to -7 and + 40 and was using the 10x12 SEF butterfly coil.

That is the find of a lifetime for sure Frank, WTG!!!! Thanks for posting. I am totally jealous!!!
Bunker

:clapping::thumbup::clap:

Frank,

What a super find you have there! To find either piece nowadays is a great find but to find both halves . . . . . amazing! And with a Rarity of "9", you can be sure there are not many other relic hunters that have what you now do in their collections!

Keep the coil to the ground and see what else the site you are hunting holds . . . . . we all would love to see you post another super find

Best of luck in your searches!

Andy Sabisch

Frank,

Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!!!! That is a find of a lifetime!!!!!

An amazing find for sure, both pieces and in very nice shape. I have never even seen one in person.

I finally got out for a few hours yesterday to tune up for the upcoming Orange County Dig. Got a bunch of contemporary stuff and some really tricky rusty iron that was masquerading as brass.

Keep rescuing those relics,
TomH

FANTASTIC!!!!!! You guys in CW country can make some awesome finds. jl