Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

All I have to say about the Compadre...........

jazzman58

Is WOW, for the price you cannot beat this machine. Just arrived Thursday, finally got a chance to use it today.This was my first time out with it and I dug a lot of trash, excuse me, relics I should say. Expected, as I am trying to learn what the machine is telling me and am running it in "all metal" to figure it out. However as I went through my well "hunted out yard" that I have beaten to death with many other manufactures machines I did not expect to find much. Boy was I surprised when I found a 1864 Indian head penny (pictures to follow as it is now soaking to be cleaned, and I am trying to remember how to macro on my camera). I am very impressed with this detector. All I can say is WOW.....gee, did I say WOW............

Jeff

Yes they are amazing..best kept secret in metal detectors..Just don't tell anyone else...LOL

If you know anything about detecting you own a Tesoro Compadre. It hard to beat at any price.

tabman

cot darn it , now i want one

You are now a member of the CHURCH of the COMPADRE. If you want to read a very long thread about the compadre, look up the Church of the Compadre. A lot of good reading there... KEN

Dam you guys! I want to upgrade from the Silver uMax not downgrade! I am thinking my 7 year old needs one for Xmas!

LOL

What an awesome find, the secret is out. I find it very difficult to peel myself away from my Compadre and use my other machines, It is kind of my favorite child.

tlcsignman said:
What coil is best with this detector? Tot Lots and around benches looking for coins mostly. Thanks
Use the small coil. 5 3/4" coil... KEN

If you swing at just the right speed all the Compadres will double beep on targets near, next to or even leaning on any large metal like fence posts, tot lot legs and bench legs.
My 7" coil with the sense turned all the way up will do it, the 8" coil model I tested will do it and the small coil will do it too.

REVIER said:
If you swing at just the right speed all the Compadres will double beep on targets near, next to or even leaning on any large metal like fence posts, tot lot legs and bench legs.
My 7" coil with the sense turned all the way up will do it, the 8" coil model I tested will do it and the small coil will do it too.

Yeah, you're right about that. Now if I could just figure out how to use my Garrett Pro Pointer to find the target that's next to metal objects.

tabman

REVIER said:
My 7" coil with the sense turned all the way up will do itquote]

Are you saying you take the faceplate off and turn the screw on the sensitivity pot all the way up???

marcomo said:
REVIER said:
My 7" coil with the sense turned all the way up will do itquote]

Are you saying you take the faceplate off and turn the screw on the sensitivity pot all the way up???

Yes, all the way up till it chatters and then back down till it stops.
Mine is now super hot...if I get within a foot of tot lot metal it beeps but it still does that double beep thing.

yup love that double beep. Found three coins this morning all double beeps by swingset legs

I've had my Compadre longer than I've had any other detector.

It's not and never has been my main detector, but it's so good at it's niche I don't ever see myself getting rid of it.