Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

All my fall field finds for 2018

Well done! I had a pretty good fall ending myself! We will all hit it hard next year! Merry Christmas everyone!

Frank in NH said:
So what's the verdict do you like the Nox 600 better then your E-Trac? Merry Christmas!
yes! I used the etrac saturday for my last hunt of the year, and my arm and elbow was so sore after swinging for 5 hours. The weight of the nox is so much better on my body. The nox is definately faster in iron. I hunt mostly farm houses and fields and both are iron laden. So the nox is my go to machine for sure. I will keep my etrac, but it will not get much use.

Wow ! Impressive, looks like you've found a good friend in your 600.

Rich

Way to finish the year with your 600. Interested in knowing your settings you used for hunting iron infested fields. Thanks, Mark

SWMO Mark said:
Way to finish the year with your 600. Interested in knowing your settings you used for hunting iron infested fields. Thanks, Mark
I use field 1 and all other settings, I used factory settings, changed nothing

Very impressive finds!!

Goes4ever said:
So what's the verdict do you like the Nox 600 better then your E-Trac? Merry Christmas!yes! I used the etrac saturday for my last hunt of the year, and my arm and elbow was so sore after swinging for 5 hours. The weight of the nox is so much better on my body. The nox is definately faster in iron. I hunt mostly farm houses and fields and both are iron laden. So the nox is my go to machine for sure. I will keep my etrac, but it will not get much use.
Nice finds I had same problem with Etrac my elbow killing me so the Equinox was it’s replacement

Do you hunt random fields?

Or fields where you are certain there was a dwelling at one point?

I have tons of fields around here and I'm not interested in getting permission from landowners. But public land is-a-plenty especially surrounding wooded/mountainy park areas.

I just havent ventured into them often because I have enough foot travel area's and historical landmarks to keep me busy, but I've been curious. I just hate wasting time because I don't have much. Most of my detecting is on lunch breaks or once a month on a weekend if the honey-do list is caught up and kids don't have sports/work I have to jocky them to.

Trailduster said:

I have tons of fields around here and I'm not interested in getting permission from landowners. But public land is-a-plenty especially surrounding wooded/mountainy park areas.

I just havent ventured into them often because I have enough foot travel area's and historical landmarks to keep me busy, but I've been curious. I just hate wasting time because I don't have much. Most of my detecting is on lunch breaks or once a month on a weekend if the honey-do list is caught up and kids don't have sports/work I have to jocky them to.
One advantge of talking to land owners is they have a wealth of information about History, Building sites Events....JMO

Jeff

Trailduster said:

these are farm fields where houses once stood in the 1800s

I check our town maps there'[s lots of open space property big fields in my town donated to the town so land owners pay no property tax!
but they can still use it and townspeople to...
Lots of virgin fields I find this way..