Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

All the new detectors coming out!

Is it true that Steve Herschbach is also packing a KellyCo marketed "long range locator" in his luggage enroute to the Hawaiian Isles ?

Naaaaah ! He ain't defending 'em THAT much ! :lol:

Ralph

No, Kellyco does not have to offer goodies, but the fact that they will not offer a flat-out cash price that is lower without all the other things says it all. And those swiss army knives [generic] are made in Taiwan. As to the suggested retail of all that stuff, the sky is the limit, so why not be generous in making claims about value. Note that they ship your detector at no added charge, but the "Free Electronic Pin-pointer" cost $14.95 extra for shipping and handling, and it will fit into your back pocket.

I know of a man who has one of those in his basement, locked in a vice with 30 pounds of silver a few feet away at a right angle to the pointer. In one year it has not moved and the battery still test as good. A willow wand is a lot cheaper, and maybe more efficent.

Whites runs a few commercials, late night. Meanwhile dealers cannot keep enough Ace-250s in because they blow off the shelves. There is a large gap between the Prism-5 and the 250; and I'm seeing GTAX-1250s for $325 to $350. There are some deals to be had, if you look.

Hi vlad,

That Ace 250 just blows me away. Talk about bang for the buck. I like it more than the Prizms, but as we all know I like independent notching and the Ace has it where the Prizms do not.

Of course they have to discount the other Garretts now. They created their own monster in the Ace. Why pay more for another Garrett unit?

Steve Herschbach

Oh god, do not get me going on long range locators. I've already proven I have no real life with all the posts here anyway and that would turn into another hundred posts.

Steve Herschbach

.....and save you alot of typing Steve. ;)

Here is a link to Carl Moreland's excellent series of exposes on so-called "long range locators", and why they are obviously a big fraud, "lots of hat, but no cattle" as they say down Texas way.

http://www.thunting.com/cgi-bin/geotech/pages/common/index.pl?page=lrl&file=info.dat

Good reading for anyone who seriously thinks this garbage works, and why you should think twice before doing business with any company who hawks this crap with a straight face.

Ralph

enough saved to buy one of the top-of-the-line units from that company down in Winter Springs, and now you're saying they don't work. :shrug:

Darn, I was a-fixin' to locate all that gold and treasure from my living room, and then just go and dig it all up. :wacko:

Thanks alot for bustin' my bubble. :blowup:

OldeTymer :rofl:

Look at the I.D. EXCEL, no notches, accessory loops, and less programs. Good little detector, but would be great at $250 to $300. I picked up a GTAX-400 for my nephew, cheaper than an Ace-250. Charles Garrett keeps his finger on the detecting worlds pulse, and is going to cause the competition to seriously re-vamp their lines. Look at the prices of the cheapest TID units from everyone else. Its not even close. Four-hundred-sixty-nine dollars for a Fisher EXCEL, and six-hundred for an X-terra. I have no idea on Whites as nobody advertises them, and a Tesoro is at five-hundred dollars?

Hi vlad,

The White's Prizm II normally goes out the door for $199. $249 less $50 discount.

You can price all White's machines on their website and figure standard discounts at dealers. Average street price on all brands is about 20% off list (15% off for Minelab). You mileage may vary!

Steve Herschbach

How do you expect anyone to take you serious, or your report on the X-Terra for that matter ? I mean, you can't own something for 2 hours and post a all negative report and really expect folks to take your word for it.
Since you are obviously such a Whites fan then why even bother to buy the X-Terra if you had no intentions of giving it a chance to prove it's worth ?
Nothing is wrong with giving your honest opinion on a new machine but it's become OBVIOUS that you inteneded to warn off potential X-Terra buyers and heard them over to the M6.
Just because Minelab decided to hand some of these units out to common users/posters of the forums you want everybody to believe that because the detectors didn't cost them anything they will post whatever Minelab wanted them to and that was NOT the case.

Your post sounds just like a typical SCHIL, let me define that for you: self-interested promoter: a shill is somebody who promotes somebody else or makes a sales pitch for something for reasons of self-interest !

In closing, I've never owned a BAD Whites detector and I've already had a M6 in my hands to try for a lot longer than you did the X-Terra.
Would I BUY one ? Hell No ... Thank You but No Thank You, I think the X-Terra does a better job for my style of hunting.
Merry Christmas Anyway
Mike

It's REALLY getting to the point that folks are totally turned off by all of this "mine is better than yours" nonsense. Running around bashing other manufacturer's machines because of personal grudges or ego problems does more to thwart sales more than it helps sometimes. And I'll have to admit, red face and all, I fell into that routine myself at times in the past here on the forums, namely with the great Tesoro vs. Shadow "debates". ;) But you know what ? I still use an awsome X-5 and I still use several excellent Tesoro models. BOTH make great metal detectors, and that is really the bottom line. Troy took alot of unwarranted flak by a certain "faction" that was out to destroy all of his efforts as what amounted at the time to being an upstart company. But I know Troy Galloway, and his level of tenacity in doing things, and I think the rumors of his industry demise have been greatly exagerated..... ;) But there is good and bad in any machine, regardless of who makes it. You show me a "perfect metal detector" that is "the best" at everything it does, and I will show you a heated arguement just waiting to happen. But in a way, that is good, and what these forums are really all about.....the sharing of ideas and opinions that can go a long way in helping others of us make better decisions through the experiences and comments of others. Like Steve inferred in a post yesterday, if it wasn't for these forums, many just wouldn't have a clue. I know personally, I've learned more from reading these forums for the last 7 or 8 years than I would have learned in 25 years through trial-and-error experiences. It's proven to be much as they say, that when you take your own experience and add it to that of another, you often come up with a sum total of more than you might expect.....i.e. 1+1=3. There is alot of accumulated knowledge to be had by sharing with others, and opinions, good or bad, give us a much more balanced understanding of our machines and hobby. But we really need to keep things on a realistic level rather than exagerating the positive or negative aspects. "Searchrod too long" or "machine keeps tipping over" and such concerns are really nit-picking more often than not. Go back and spend a day swinging an old Goldak or some other machine from "the good old days". You'll get my drift....... ;)

Anyway, just an early morning ramble FWIW.

Ralph