Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

All the new detectors coming out!

I agree with John. You don't have to pick a winner,just tell us what you think of each machine for various hunting conditions.

El

[attachment 12828 PC120384.JPG][attachment 12829 PC050368.JPG]n/t

I love all of my different detectors and I used my Whites 6000XL Pro to pull out some gold. I guess we all really like the new toys that come out and would like to find one that does it all. Maybe the 6000 is that detector. I think the older detectors are calibrated more towards the older coins and I think sometimes you can't beat analog.

I guess I will just keep reading your posts and look for a new detector that does something my different detectors don't do. I guess we all want the all in one detector and that is why I have a few different detectors.

Gold is all about digging trash but the pay off is worth it and I know that a lot of people don't dig the trash targets me included, so there has to be some good gold in the ground and that is why I dig the low tones and low numbers now and it pays off. If you know what your detector is telling you, you have a good chance at finding the good stuff all you need is a trusty friend your detector, or the next best detector that is coming out.

But I have found more gold then ever before.

How many low tones does an XL Pro have? And if "older detectors" are calibrated towards "older coins", guess I better get me a Kerosene powered detector.

One tone and the meter are all the tones you need and yes it take a lot of work to calibrate a machine to the older coins but fiser did it on the 3Z and whites did it on a lot of there older detectors can't speak for eveyone else.

All Fisher did on the 3D was change the sizes of the NOTCH WINDOWS, allowing some things that had previously read in trash near the notch edge to now read as a coin in a more expanded coin notch. Nothing but a gimmick, because if you are in an area and are finding old coins, or seeing some trash targets that read deep, you dug them anyway. You get into an area with newer coins and aluminum trash, and the aluminum will eat you alive. The 3D is the same machine as the CZ-5, with the biases slightly changed. The way you spoke, when you said you listened to a low tone, it sounded like there were multiple tones on the XL Pro.

What's kind of ironic is that if you take the Garrett Ace 250 with the largest coil it would almost be competitive.

Hi vlad,

So true! i have an Ace 250 with the 12" coil and it is a great little machine. It wins the "bang-for-the-buck" prize for sure!

Steve Herschbach

That's exactly what they did to the CZ-3D......and then had to use a "Rocket Scientist" to take credit for this major leap in technology for the sake of selling the concept to the detecting public.

You hit the nail on the head with the term "gimmick". Same old stuff wrapped up in a different package. CZ-5 was the better machine.

Ralph

The bottom line is the IN GROUND PERFORMANCE where you live. And such incidentials as electrical interference, and ground moisture on a given day. If I were detecting in the AIR, I'd still be using a BFO, but unfortunatly around here in the ground their depth is terrible.

You are a Whites Dealer and are doing mail order on new Whites detectors?

Bill Clinton's dog Buddy was hit by a car and killed. Word is he was chasing a fat dog in a stained dress.

Dave Z when the FDX came out after the Explorer or as he endlessly called it the Exploder. We all know now which one of those two was the better detector by sales. In a few months we will know more about the better one of this group M6, ID Edge or X-Terra's by sales, biased talk won't do it. Right now they all look good.

They all probaby are good. I'd also venture to bet that when the dust settles, there won't be a fraction of an inch difference in "depth" (The "D" word) and it will all boil down to which features we find more user friendly and preferrable. That's about all sales figures really indicate to me, not necessarily which performs better. "Performance" means different things to different people.

Ralph

I was thinking how foolish all this is as no test, comparisons, post, PR, anything is going to settle the dust. There will always be one more BUT.............adn did you consider this or that or in my neck of the woods. I think the cold weather is getting to me. Ha

I think when I add that last room, I'll have a "test garden" set in the concrete slab so I'll have something to keep me occupied indoors during winter. :)

Ralph

n/t

Hi vlad,

I do 99% of my detector sales out my business front door, and I sell over 300 detectors a year. I also do some mail order. White's has no prohibition on mailing out metal detectors. They have prohibitions on direct internet sales.

If a guy in Bethel calls me on the phone and orders a metal detector to be mailed to him, do I send it? You bet. That is what White's wants me to do, because there are no White's dealers in Bethel or 95% of the other towns in Alaska.

If you were to call me from outside Alaska I'd tell you the reasons why you should buy from your local dealer. I almost never make White's sales out of state, although I do have a few tourists up here looking for gold stop in and buy machines. White's gets all my warranty cards, so they know where my detectors are going.

Steve Herschbach