Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Alma Mater classring.....

JB(MS)

Three or four years ago I found the 2007 class ring in the photo in a shallow ditch by the girls softball field here in town. The ring is from Nettleton High School and the initials inside the band are JMB. I graduated from Nettleton High School in 1962, and JMB are my initials, so I was curious as to who the owner was. I called the school and got the name of the student and his mothers phone number, called the number and his mom answered. I told her about finding the ring and she said she would come get it as soon as we got off the phone so I gave her my address. When she got here she said she was widowed and had a hard time making ends meet. The ring had been an expense she couldn't really afford, and had to cut back on necessities to pay for it. She said she had noticed her son wasn't wearing his ring a couple of weeks earlier and he said his girlfriend had it. Like most of the rings and things I've returned, she tried to pay me but I told her returning it was payment enough. She thanked me several times, and said no way would he get it back until he could take care of it.

nettletonring.jpg

A sad story, but I bet she was real happy to get the ring back.