Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Am I allowed back in this place ? :wiggle:........

Just got off the horn with Royal a few minutes ago. A brief summary for a part of my absence but I'm not offering this as an excuse. I should've at least made a post here or there and for that I'm truly sorry......because I know the posters on this forum truly care about each other. First and foremost, everybody's health here is good. We did go for a period of three weeks without a computer. I had a back-up running for a couple of days but it blinked on us as well. Long story short, one was sent out to be repaired and the other my buddy's gonna fix........one of these days. We're functioning now. But my 19 yr. old daughter and her 19 yr. old boyfriend, who she met out west aren't ! You see folks, they figure they're ready to start a new life together.....after knowing each other for four months. And we're not getting any help here from the young lads parents. We're trying to impress on them the importance of education and taking the proper steps now that will make life easier later on. And we're trying desperately not to "appear" too controlling. This has occupied us greatly since her return on Sept. 1 The lad lives a nine hour drive from here.....she's there now meeting his family. Looooong story but we're doing our best. We'll have to wait and see how it unfolds. This, more than anything has left my mind in places where it honestly would've been difficult to post anything of substance. Don't get the wrong impression here folks.......we're not against her or her choice of boyfriend. It would just be darn difficult to have to watch them try and make their way thru this life unprepared maturity wise and job ready. Nobody said parenting was going to be easy. I missed you guys. :)

Been there with kids bud. What was it that made you think you would be different from the rest of us? You have done better than most so far and i know you don't want to make me jealous so keep us posted eh?:biggrin:
Kidding aside....welcome home buddy:thumbup:

I had 3 daughters and 2 boys and when through those situations also. Not easy that's for sure. Good luck with getting their attention. Sometimes its not very easy to do. Your very right, being a good parent is not easy. Hard to get them see sometimes that your not doing it to make their life miserable, but just the opposite. There life being hard only makes ours harder. Some how, it all works out eventually. As Wayne said, Welcome home.

George-CT

Go to see your still with the living. I'm with you on the children front. Funny thing is, if you take a trip in the "way back machine", you probably remember "how out of it" our parents were. "They just didn't understand" 'cause they were so "old"! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Some things never change, buddy. They keep pushing the envelope and we keep trying to slow them down. Good luck. I'm pretty sure you'll find a way to reach your daughter. :thumbup:

I was hesitant to call because the last I knew some guy stuck something in your butt and I was afraid you had fallen in love! I didn't really know how to handle it but I had had a couple toddies and figured I could take the chance and call.

It was good to talk to you again and to talk with Grace. You dang sure better start reading your bloody email buddy. Since you have abandoned your buddies here I have already gotten three offers from lands afar to become a millionaire, with a slight investment of course. You have lost out on these opportunities!! Shame! Shame!

n/t

Raising kids is a 50/50 prospect.......evenly split between what we teach them and good fortune. I'm hoping we can spare them a few hard knocks.

brings out the killer instinct in a father! I really really hate not being able to temporarily neuter them too!:biggrin:

Early on with my oldest daughter, I did reach her, but the boyfriend would not back off. Older young man who thought he had all the answers. After about 6 months of this I also tried to reason with his father, who had the same attitude. He informed me he was over 21, which made him and adult and he could do as he %&$#* pleased. He said that to the wrong guy back then. I totaled him right there, and tossed him in the car and took him home to his father. Cured the problem but cost me a few $$$$ I just got one daughter back home now that married young against our advice. He and she were young, knew everything also...I'm told its a common thing in the Air Force for young couples to marry, and 80 percent are divorced in 2 years. First time from home, lonely etc. We did like your doing, try and talk to them, but then it got to where you loose them completely or give in. So we gave in. They married, he could not handle much of anything and took off about a year and a half later. He stuck her for a bunch of bills etc. No kids involved in it so that was good. He took her new jeep and left. Fast forward 2 years......
As luck would have it about 4 months ago, I located him in Colorado. I now have the jeep as my daughter had signed the note for it. Cops, said if I had the title, it was hers or who ever had it. So a quick flight, and walla, there is a red jeep in my yard. They are still legally married so now we are going through that. Nothing involved, so its more of a legal paper work thingy.

All of them are doing ok now, but it could have been easier and saved them a lot of grief if they had listened. Having said all this, I did the same thing. I was married at 19. I didn't have to be, just wanted to be. We never had kids until 2 years later. I got much the same advice from my parents and did not listen either.

Hang in there....Somehow it all smooths out down the road.

Geo

n/t

Great to hear from you Rob.. And I think everyone can relate to 'headstrong' children. I know that we have. But in the end, all turned out well. And I hope that your situation goes well too!! In the end, all you can do is your best [I know that you have] and hope. ... and pray!!

good to see you mug back here!!

Calm seas

Mikie

Hey Mike, can you give me a link to one of those sand blast thingies that go on the pressure washer? I want to get one