Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Am i doing this right - pairing no go.

Sweeping-4-junk

I have some August EP 650 Aptx LL headphones that won't pair to the 800. Here is how i tried to pair.
1. Switch on the 800 Power. 2 Press the pairing button on the 800 to enter the initial wireless pairing mode , then wait till the wireless icon times out and the blue tooth icon shows.
3 Press and hold power button on headphones till pairing mode is activated.
Wait and wait and wait and wait , result = nothing! no pairing. Eventually after a few minutes of the Bluetooth icon flashing on the 800 the 800 times out and the bluetooth icon goes off.

You might try doing that at different distances, I found about 5 inches from the face of the screens worked for some of mine. Never got airpods paired tho.

Here's a cut and paste of Steve/sgoss66 excellent pairing instructions, located only a few threads down... https://www.findmall.com/read.php?107,2509866,page=2

Just looking at what you've described, you may be waiting too long to turn on your phones.
Try these instructions of Steve's, and see what happens;

"Clearly, the SIMPLEST answer here, is that the "issues" with headphones not pairing, may boil down to some slight mistake in the pairing process. I am not sure this explains the issue entirely, but -- I'm going to post the method that I used to pair the headphones to my machine (and the method we used for Ohio Coinhunter's machine), and I'd encourage anyone who is having issues to try ONE MORE TIME, using this process specifically...

1. Turn on the Equinox. Once it has booted up...
2. Press the "wireless" button on the right-hand side of the control box, and HOLD IT IN, until you hear two beeps, then release...
3. Turn on the headphones to be paired BY HOLDING DOWN ON THE POWER BUTTON UNTIL they enter pairing mode (lights flashing alternately blue/red)…
4. Then, WAIT. The Equinox initially, when in "pairing mode," searches for the WM-08 module FIRST. It's not until at least 15 seconds later, when the Equinox does not FIND a WM-08, that it then begins looking for a Bluetooth device to pair to.
5. After 15 to 30 seconds (but perhaps a bit longer), the machine should "see" the headphones, and pairing should occur.

ONCE they have paired, the process will not take as long in subsequent pairing attempts, as the machine "stores" the information about what device it was last "paired to," and it preferentially looks for that device as soon as you turn the machine one. After that initial pairing, all you need to do is turn on the machine, wait for it to boot, and then turn on the headphones. Do NOT press the wireless button on the Equinox, and do NOT hold down the power button on the headphones. Just turn on the Equinox, wait for it to power up, and then turn on the headphones. Pairing should occur in a very short time (a few seconds).
"

mike

Sweeping-4-junk said:
I have some August EP 650 Aptx LL headphones that won't pair to the 800. Here is how i tried to pair.
1. Switch on the 800 Power. 2 Press the pairing button on the 800 to enter the initial wireless pairing mode , then wait till the wireless icon times out and the blue tooth icon shows.
3 Press and hold power button on headphones till pairing mode is activated.
Wait and wait and wait and wait , result = nothing! no pairing. Eventually after a few minutes of the Bluetooth icon flashing on the 800 the 800 times out and the bluetooth icon goes off.
Steve Sgoss has posted the complete answer. Go to the Equinox classroom it is saved at the top for future reference.
HH Jeff

Sweeping-4-junk --

Yes, I agree with what Mike/trojdor said. There is NO REASON to wait to turn on the headphones, until the wireless icon "times out." Try turning on your headphones (into "pairing mode," by holding down the power button until the lights flash blue/red), IMMEDIATELY after you hear the "double beep" on the Equinox upon you pressing and holding the "wireless" button. Don't wait; have the headphones already in pairing mode BEFORE the Equinox finishes attempting to pair with the wireless WM-08.

Please report back, on your results.

Steve

Thanks s goss and everybody else for your help. I have followed your instructions exactly but still no joy here. A have a nice collection of bluetooth headphones now but sadly they must all be faulty lol..
Either my brain is going into an early state of dementia or all of the headphones are faulty or something else unknown going off. i am selling the 800 now as i am totally pissed of with it...

Thanks s goss and everybody else for your help. I have followed your instructions exactly but still no joy here. A have a nice collection of bluetooth headphones now but sadly they must all be faulty lol..
Either my brain is going into an early state of dementia or all of the headphones are faulty or something else unknown going off. i am selling the 800 now as i am totally pissed off with it...

Yes they have replaced it for me. I collected the replacement control unit in person. Sure feels good now with the New Audio Boosted APTX LL Headphones . Model "August EP650" better than ML80 'S by a long chalk maybe not quite as good as the ML 80 'S on build quality though.....
Comfy and soft pads - These new headphones are more stylish , more comfortable , with a lot more volume. Super Tones...Good on Gold i hope too.:laugh:

I use the August EP 650 headphones almost exclusively on my Equinox,infact i found them that good and the price was stupidly low brand new on UK Eb@y site i bought 3 of them 2 for detecting and also a set for hifi use........all connected straight away and last all day long power wise and with plenty of power in reserve anyway,you also do get a backup spare cable so that you can use them as a conventional set of headphones just incase.

Probably wont use them during the real hot summer months but when it does get hot i usually use the XP Deus wired backphones which for the cheap price are ultra hard to beat audio quality wise.