Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Am I too finicky??

slingshot

It takes me about 10-20 seconds to pinpoint and pop a coin. The videos I see:
(1). 10 seconds (or more) waving the coil, etc.
(2). 5 seconds to lay detector down and retrieve pinpointer
(3). 20 -30 seconds slicing a hole and sweeping pinpointer
(4). 5-10 seconds replacing mess.
I had to quit watching or some I just closed my eyes and laid back in recliner until the audio signalled- FOUND!:spin::rofl:

:bouncy: Those are the people I like hunting around me in competition hunts :)

Depends on what you’re hunting. If it’s shallow clad,then it shouldn’t take long to get it in your hand. Some are just better than others at it. WAY better....;)

Larry (IL) said:
:bouncy: Those are the people I like hunting around me in competition hunts :)
That's probably my problem. I started over 40 years ago and LOVED competition hunts and it just became habit. Now some videos DO show the thickest vegetation that I don't encounter much- but when I did I probed the target and got it with a "v" slit.

Chipping through 8+ inches of Sun-baked rock infested clay/soil mix with the tip of a Lesche knife can take awhile. I agree though, some of these guys seem like they're setting up camp every time they squat down to dig a target.

mrwilburino said:
Chipping through 8+ inches of Sun-baked rock infested clay/soil mix with the tip of a Lesche knife can take awhile. I agree though, some of these guys seem like they're setting up camp every time they squat down to dig a target.
Point taken.

proper pinpoint makes for a faster recovery with less digging. (I dig with a long butcher knife-walking in with a shovel really gets you noticed, often with comments.)
And digging carefully, filling in the hole and placing the sod back on helps to stop us from having sites placed off limits.
I shudder when seeing a place where someone has dug that looks like it has gopher holes, or bomb craters (from careless digging.)

vlad said:
proper pinpoint makes for a faster recovery with less digging. (I dig with a long butcher knife-walking in with a shovel really gets you noticed, often with comments.)
And digging carefully, filling in the hole and placing the sod back on helps to stop us from having sites placed off limits.
I shudder when seeing a place where someone has dug that looks like it has gopher holes, or bomb craters (from careless digging.)
. Vlad I totally agree. Who wants to damage a potentially nice coin. Even with a bronze probe you can crease em. And a steel screw driver, I would think a person did not care for silver other than melt value. I use a very modified brick trowel to cut sod on private permissions. Slices like butter, smother than any tool I’ve ever used. I even have a hard time seeing where I’ve been, and most owners prefer it that way. Now in the inner cities more prestigious neighborhoods/HOODS. The once architecturally beautiful neighborhoods now Hoods . Anything goes around these abandoned buildings,drug houses and mad dogs. Though the finds can be promising, especially in the gang run parks and tot lots. Fast In an out is the smart way to play the hoods.

Clad stabbing in tot lots and parks is one thing, but in a location packed with junk targets, both ferrous and non-ferrous, simply trying to hear a good target can take a few seconds.