Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Amateur video hour with Joe Dirt :rofl:

joedirt

It was HOT as "H" double hockey sticks today so I waited to go out for a couple hours at the end of the day.

Here is my first couple attempts at making a video while digging a target.

Grab your popcorn and enjoy the movies. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEx0kwfNbSM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOaQInt5um4

I have found many zincolns and none have read higher then 39 on the CO scale. Yours was reading where my dimes read.

That's why I dug it, I was hoping for a dime or better. Usually zincolns read lower in this area, and the copper memorials read higher. Maybe it was something with the coil I was using or the sand. :shrug:

Also, I could have misread the date. It could have been a 1974 and not 1994. That would make more sense. :shrug: My eyes ain't so good these days.

I'll go check my junk pile later and see if I can confirm the date.

I've got a 1975 and an 1982 in my pile. The rest are so crusty I can't read the dates other than seeing the memorial on the back.

That's why the title is "Amateur Video Hour" :lol:

The older I get the smaller the dates become. I need a 10 power glass to read the dates anymore. So I get to hunt twice once in the field and once more at home.

Actually, I enjoy looking at the stuff I found when I get home as much as I did when I dug it. I bought this cool USB microscope that connects to my computer. It lets me zoom in real close on whatever I put under it and even take pictures or videos of it.

I can spend hours just picking through my pile of junk and examining the details of each.

Here's are a few examples:

The one on the left is the date from that penny in the video and the other is a very tiny copper button I found a few weeks ago.

That is a handy tool where did you pick that up and how much did it set you back?

I got it on Amazon.com for $110. It really makes it much easier to look at the things you find. If you want to take pictures of a whole spread of coins then you will want to use a camera but if you want to look at them one at a time this works great.

http://www.amazon.com/Handheld-Digital-Endoscope-Microscope-shipping/dp/B004O215NQ/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1311425966&sr=8-15

Check out Lincoln on the back of a memorial penny.

That microscope is cool Joe, thanks for sharing that information. I am like you, love looking at finds especially if there is writing on them. Then go research and see what it was and when it was made. That microscope is just what I need. Thanks -- Randy

Hey Joe, nice video. if only all holes could be that easy-diggin soft sand.

I was wondering what size sunray coil was that it looks in the shot to be to big for the X-8. Is that the 12'' by any chance?

I hear you there! That is one reason I love the X-8 it is lite and deep! I use it about 90% of the time.