Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Amazing Ten Silver public park hunt

ironman200081

With all the news, views, and reviews of Minelab's new darling, the Equinox, its easy to overlook the great stuff that the other Minelabs like the CTX are finding. On this hunt, I hit a well-picked public park with my family. I used the 17-inch coil, which I use almost exclusively unless the trash is heavy. I have found silver here before, as has nearly every other digger in the area. I wasn't expecting much. It's good to have low expectations, because the CTX is known for shattering those. I ended up pulling ten total silvers during this hunt, my single best for a public park. Must were dimes, but one was a half, and another was a war nickel. Yes, that Equinox may be a slick machine, but I think I'll keep swinging my CTX for the foreseeable future! Enjoy the video, we made some live digs too.

[video]https://youtu.be/LfV7qNOtl90[/video]

7 silvers is my record...the CTX and FBS will always do what they’ve done. The EQ will be a very nice addition to the ML family for what IT does....
That’s a barn burner hunt Bryan! Now how many others are in that place??

Thanks everyone! We have had some brutal cold since that hunt, and I am counting on the frost heave to push some of the deep ones back in to detector range. I agree that the Equinox will be a great tool for the Minelab family, but I am content with my "old dinosaur" for the time being. It will be six happy years of swinging together this May.

WOW !!!! that is outstanding, public park with the 17-inch coil. I may have to rethink using my 17 in coil at the parks I go to but they are a little bit on the trashy side.