Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Amazing two days!

umrgolf

Just found my first sword belt buckle and sabre guard on 6/27!! :super: Amazing that neither one had any damage in a plowed field! Last 2 photos are combined finds from 6/26 & 6/27..

The old tyme photo is Maj. Gen. David S. Hunter sporting what appears to be an identical buckle and Cavalry sabre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_pyb-7tznU

Congratulations to you on a great hunt and a great first find.:clapping:

Amazing finds, congrats.

WOW, That was a really productive spot. Great finds.:clapping:

Just awesome . One of the best hunts i've seen. Incredible. I'm not familiar with the history of your site, but is there a possible connection between MGen Hunter and the battle timeline. ??? Could this have been his battle gear ? I've never seen a dug sword guard in that condition. wow. cch

Cajuncoinhunter said:
Just awesome . One of the best hunts i've seen. Incredible. I'm not familiar with the history of your site, but is there a possible connection between MGen Hunter and the battle timeline. ??? Could this have been his battle gear ? I've never seen a dug sword guard in that condition. wow. cch

Thank you all, E.J., no I don't believe there's a possibility this was his gear.. He was in Missouri, but apparently never in my vicinity. The sabre guard is from a standard issue Union cavalry sabre, so there were thousands who had them. The photo is more to depict what one looked like complete for the guys who had never seen one. I know when I was new, I would have had no clue what that big blob of brass was:laugh:

Wow, I would have to go home and change my shorts if I made finds like those. :clapping: Congratulations Jeff.

Outstanding finds once again! Beautiful relics. :thumbup:

That's a nice lot of old relics. Thanks for sharing and I would have never guessed the sword guard. Cool........HH, Nancy

To find (2) awesome relics like that in (1) hunt is really something. cch. :thumbup:

n/t