Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

American Digger.......... maybe will be gone soon. Info gathered from internet.

Elton

"American Digger" magazine is not very pleased with "American Digger" the show. In fact, the magazine is suing.

According to The Wrap, Spike TV and parent company Viacom are being sued in federal court by Greybird Publishing. The company claims Spike and Viacom are using the magazine's trademark without authorization and the use of the name is hurting the magazine's reputation.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Grady "Butch" Holcombe and his wife Anita Holcombe, the publishers of "American Digger," claim that they started receiving calls, emails and "unfavorable comments on hobbyist forums from subscribers ... alarmed by the show's highly inflammatory and negative depiction of their hobby and the risks the show posed for the ability of hobbyists to continue their metal detecting activities" because people believe the show is related to the magazine.

After the show premiered, Ric Savage, the former pro-wrestler turned "American Digger" reality star, was ousted from his position as a columnist at "American Digger" the magazine.

The publishers are demanding that the defendants be stopped from using "American Digger" and destroy all video and iterms bearing the mark. Greybird is also asking for damages and Viacoms profits.

Savage's column was a waste of 5 minutes anyway. Absolutely no useful information. Same with the show.

This show has tainted our hobby immensly. Everytime I hear the phrase "Boom Baby" I cringe... I'll admit, even I have said it in jest. Can we borrow the "memory eraser" from Men in Black and forget this show ever existed?

so that is why it's called savage family now, it is a waste of air time the few i have seen left a bad taste in my mouth. who in there right mind would swing a shovel into a hole like that??

Far as i can tell , they AlWAYS like using large earth moving gear for their " hunts " . I even remember one stupid episode where the main fat guy got upset that the others wanted to leave and with a V3I in his hand he " slammed" it down in frustration. There is NO WAY any sane hunter would abuse their equipment like that ... I say good riddance on these clowns !

:veryangry:

Amen, it and that other worthless "Digger" show. Let's get some "juice baby" Do they pay these guys to act stupid or does it come naturally?