Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

An 18th Century finds type of day

GKMan

Yesterday I was able to get out with CTTodd to a field that gave up a nice handful of recoveries. My best finds of the day was a 1718 British Halfpenny, which was nestled in among some square nails and wire and laying right on the lip of a rock in the field. I first pulled out the wire and nail by burrowing a bit below the rock and was wondering how that could have produced such a decent signal. When I rechecked the hole the signal had improved and that is when I realized it was on top of this largish flat rock, not under it. I also recovered a 1788 Connecticut Copper and a nice Dandy button practically right on the surface. Todd did well too scouting the field for any other hotspots, but it appears we had parked our cars right where we made most of our finds. It was nice to be out with a good hunting partner on a not too hot evening and even better that we made some nice finds.

I even had a hitchhiker... She was insistent that I dig that signal, but it ended up being a can....

Gary,
Very nice...:thumbup:

Great story / pics...

It is nice to have a good hunting partner. Helps to 'up your game', and then have someone there to share the fun of success.
:)

mike

Good fun Gary we'll hit it again soon.

Looks like you guys had a good time like I said before those coins are as old as dirt . WTG guys . sube