Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

An Injun and a good deed today at the park...

gfatizzi

So I decided to give the new version 1.11 update a try at my favorite park today. Within 15 or 20 minutes I popped out this IH penny with a mint reverse but unfortunately a totally trashed obverse. When I first dug it out, I thought I made out 1890 but as the air oxidized it further, the green crusty patina spread and obliterated all details. BUMMER!

As for the update itself, I immediately noticed I was able to run the Legend at higher sensitivity levels before chatter commenced. In the 1.09 version it ranged from 25-28 and the 1.11 version seems to tolerate 28-30 (max sensitivity!) The stability seems to have been improved for sure.

The IH was about 6" deep but it didn't come up at all on the depth meter and it sounded deeper than that. I think it may have been on edge. Also, it read in the 40s in the ground but when I dug it out it was a solid 31. Due to the extremely saturated ground here, M3 Park mode seems to work best so that's what I was running along with IF-4, BC-4, 60 tones, all metal.

As I continued hunting, a park maintenance guy scared the living hell out of me when he approached me while I was intent on a target to ask a favor. He pointed over to the kids wood chip playground and asked if I could possibly help him out to find an old mounting plate for one of the spring loaded rocking horses. Always aware of the importance of being a good ambassador for the hobby, I cheerfully obliged and found it for him.

Loving the Legend and LG15 coil combo!! HH, :) George

Attachments

• IH.jpg
    IH.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
thank you for taking time out to get that rocking horse running. Too bad about the IH ☹️