Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

An Un-scientific Observation

ironsight

Been thinking about buying another brand high-end backup detector so i've been looking at some of the other detector forums here to get some clues.

One thing i noticed is this here eTRAC forum appears to have the most finds posted! H'mm!
Maybe i'll just get another eTRAC to backup my eTRAC! :heh:

Yeah, you guys are an active and powerful bunch of hunters alright!...:please: other than you Minelabbers, the Tesoro "teeboys" and the AtProers post a lot...so you might want to try either one of those rigs? not high end, but easily mastered and simple to operate.., it might be fun for you to swing a very light Tesoro, or perhaps do a little water hunting with the Pro? It may help a person get better with their main rig if they sort of get out of their traditional hunting style and comfort zone from time to time...that said,

My main hunting Bud has been working his Etrac like its an ATPro, wading with it, and gold hunting! He's doing just fine since he knows its language so well..but he's limited on how deep he dares go...he did drop it last year, but luckily he got it dried out with no ill effects..
It is fun to read all the forums just to see if theres anything of interest in an alternate rig..!:beers:
Mud.

I still have my xterra 70 which I upgraded from over 5 yrs ago to the etrac, simple machine to use and I always have an extra machine if a buddy wants to try detecting with me, the xterra series are no slouch when it comes to depth either!

I'll tell you what, Ironsight, that Deus has captured my imagination for a few years now...watched all the videos and followed the forum closely...came severely close to pulling the trigger on one last year....I like the Speed and light weight aspect, but just cant get over the what seems to me to be out of my realm of technical mastery regarding the set up and all... I'm a turn on and go shallow jewelry speed sweeper and gold water hunter primarily in my stage of development.....whats great about this sport, theres so many subsets to master...maybe just mega clad, or gold water, or war relics, deep old silver, etc.....still, they all present challenges and theres a perfect rig on any given day and location for each specific subset.
Mud

You got it! The E-trac is a GREAT machine. Mine was coming out of warranty and I didn't want to go with the same thing so I bought a CTX. For me, it was a BIG mistake. After a few months I developed wrist and forearm pain that still has not resolved even though I dumped it in January. I didn't like the fact that I could tell more readily what I had before digging with the Etrac than I could with the CTX. The Etrac's target ID is extremely good. If MineLab had come out with an Etrac II, I would have bought one. I'm trying the XP Deus this year. I do think that the Etrac is the best coin machine out there and the best in MineLab's lineup.

I know what you mean, the Deus has my interest as well. Primarily for the speed and light weight. I already have the AT Pro as a backup/water machine, so I haven't decided yet. It does seem like different machines can pull stuff out of areas you've hammered with another type of machine.

That observation you made was the single reason I got an Etrac. I looked at all the forums and it was easy to see who was finding the old coins which is what I hunt for. This forum led the pack in that regard.

mudpuppy said:
I'll tell you what, Ironsight, that Deus has captured my imagination for a few years now...watched all the videos and followed the forum closely...came severely close to pulling the trigger on one last year....I like the Speed and light weight aspect, but just cant get over the what seems to me to be out of my realm of technical mastery regarding the set up and all... I'm a turn on and go shallow jewelry speed sweeper and gold water hunter primarily in my stage of development.....whats great about this sport, theres so many subsets to master...maybe just mega clad, or gold water, or war relics, deep old silver, etc.....still, they all present challenges and theres a perfect rig on any given day and location for each specific subset.
Mud

I already have an ATPro collecting cobwebs waiting in the wings for my eTRAC to bite the dust! :cry:

Yeah the Deus and the Whites V3i are two i'm looking at. The CTX is out of the question!

Biased towards the V3i as its American built but more importantly, its got a lot of bell and whistle type options.
I could spend the rest of my life trying all them options out! :lol:

The Deus is an amazing machine if you take the time to learn it. While I had mine I was able to pull old coins in areas that were totally infested with all kinds of junk.

Its just an absolute killer on copper coins.

The only thing that I didn't like was that I felt it was not as HOT on silver coins as the Etrac. Don't take me wrong on this because I did find silver.

It may have just been me though because I am very proficient with the Etrac and silver.

I am sure everyone has heard it said the Etrac is a silver magnet!!