Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Analysis Screen

Rodger

I have discovered using the Analysis screen can be a little tricky. If you switched to the Analysis screen and sweep the coil to quick you will get strange readings. I found if you switch to the Analysis screen and wait till you hear the threshold sound, then sweep you will get an accurate display. The only exception is if there is more than one target under the coil during your sweep.

After I hit a target with the trigger centered, I'll try and pinpoint from different angles to get a good fix on the target. Then back to trigger in center position to recheck. Then I'll go to the Analyze with threshold before swinging over the target.
1st Trigger center as normal sweep mode.
2nd Trigger pulled for pinpoint.
3rd Trigger center to recheck target.
4th Trigger outward to analyze - threshold then sweep.
Pay attention to one display carefully and you will see a correlation between each mode. Like in the normal sweep mode, which bar fades the last should be strong and may be the top same color on the Analyze display. Pinpoint - which color bar is the strongest.
It sure is a fun machine - and the color display and resolution after the sun goes over the horizon is just tops. I can not only see it, but read it at arms length without reading glasses:wacko:

I understand what you are saying. The point I was trying to make is, if are in the search mode then switch to analysis mode before the V has switched to that mode your screen may freeze. I have found if you move your search coil off to side of the target then switch to analysis mode and wait till you hear the threshold sound return. The likely hood of the screen freezing is greatly reduced.