Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

andy book

Illinoismic

So tomorrow my etrac should be here with andys book for the etrac. I have one week after that before my first outing with it. What are the biggest points of the book to look at with a week to do it. I know it will take awhile to learn the machine. But hopefully stepping from the safari to the etrac will be some help.

Piece of pie coming from the Safari --it's all in the tones
Stay in the factory patterns , multi conductive , auto 3 until you're a little more familiar and bone up on when and the purpose of using TTF

Set TRASH setting to HIGH and GROUND SETTING to DIFFICULT and use the factory COINS mode with the factory 50 CONDUCTIVE tones and SENSITIVITY AUTO+3 setting to first learn to hunt with it..

I set a copper penny a zinc penny a nickel a clad dime a silver dime a clad quarter a silver quarter on the ground and I got very familiar with each sound and CONDUCTIVE ID number the second of the numbers.
The first number is the FERROUS number. Won't be the same in the ground but the numbers will be close. Like I think clad dime is like 43-44 for me and silver dime is 44-45 one number difference and a slightly better more higher sound too. You can set THRESHOLD PITCH not the Threshold and it will raise all the sounds or lower all the 50 conductive sounds on the pitch scale HEARING range scale, set it to your liking now go play.

Illinoismic said:
So what is sensitivity +3?

To make a long story short, there's two sens. options, AUTO and MANUAL.
In AUTO there are also levels of sensitivity options to select.
You can select AUTO-3 the least sensitive up to AUTO+3 the most sensitive auto setting.

The advantage of using AUTO settings is detector stability basically minimal falsing and more accurate IDs.
AUTO settings come with a price, don't expect to find 12+ inch deep coins using AUTO.

Depending on your soil's mineralization is a lot of how deep relatively you can detect. Look at the number above the 3 channels on the left of the screen and you will see how high it will run. In my soil with 85-87 ground mineralization my machine will run anywhere from 15 to 23 and it gets great depth in AUTO +3. I got a barber quarter at 12 inches and it depends on your grounds condition and moisture content. Wet or damp ground you can detect deeper with any machine. These Etracs and CTX 3030's like the coil dragged on the ground with no air gap under them and they will go deep. Also a 4-5 second left to right sweep speed and 4-5 back right to left go slowly let it READ the ground. AUTO makes the machine like IRONSIGHT said run smoothly depending on your soils conditions. Go that route first to learn the machine you can go to manual and run a few numbers higher later and see if anything was missed.