Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Andy Sabisch Coin Program?

u2robert

Just started using this Coin Program.
It's a nickel magnet I found 3 times the nickels I normally do in the last 2 outing (last two days)?
Anybody else use/see this?

Can you post settings?

I went to YouTube and watched Dirtfisher do the program
There is a bunch of people on YouTube that show you how to program the coin program.
nox program or etrac.....I have his etrac program...but not the nox

Don’t nickels ring close to gold? If so you could be on a site where others discriminated them out? HH

Yes nickel and some gold will Id the same.
The coin program sets 11-13 or 12-13 as high tones.
Most of the nickels were 60's and older
I did dig a lot of screw caps and pull tabs.
But the real treat was this 1870 shield nickel I dug yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_1821.JPG
    IMG_1821.JPG
    815.2 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1822.JPG
    IMG_1822.JPG
    742.6 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1824.JPG
    IMG_1824.JPG
    760.3 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Just started using this Coin Program.
It's a nickel magnet I found 3 times the nickels I normally do in the last 2 outing (last two days)?
Anybody else use/see this?
ConGratZ on a Nice looking Shield (y) The ones here in the NW come out a Red/Orange.

Yes nickel and some gold will Id the same.
The coin program sets 11-13 or 12-13 as high tones.
Most of the nickels were 60's and older
I did dig a lot of screw caps and pull tabs.
But the real treat was this 1870 shield nickel I dug yesterday.
Nice looking shield, congratulations
Tony

UPDATE:

I just reprogramed the Andy Sabisch coin mode program using THE HISTORY DIGGERS YouTube video tutorial.
History Digger goes into a lot more detail and rejects pull tabs and such.
Well worth the extra time cause I was digging a lot of pull tabs.

You are correct. The 600 does not have advanced settings. That's ok by me. I find just as many coins with my 600 as I probably would with an 800! The Equinox is a fine detector!
disc pattern would be the same from what I learned for my time That I had the nox 600...just use the pattern with your current settings.

I was not aware of this program, but looked at some videos about it.
I can see some benefits to it, but to me with all the segments discriminated out, it is next to impossible to tell how much trash you are working with in the ground.
I have had my Equinox for about a year and a half.
Last year I used it exclusively and found more nickels that I ever have and I was using pretty much the factory settings, but not all metal mode.
I just trained my ears as what to listen for and it did not take long to get to the point where I could do well with nickels even in trashy sites.
My best day I had was 40 nickels and I posted my finds.
That day I only dug quarter and nickel signals. (pictured below)
As far as what I have experienced with the Equinox, it does very well with ID'ing nickels and only gets fooled now and then by beaver tails and pencil erasers.
In short, the Equinox is great at finding nickels if you take the time to learn what to listen for.
IMG_3512.jpg

I can see some benefits to it, but to me with all the segments discriminated out, it is next to impossible to tell how much trash you are working with in the ground.
Last year I used it exclusively and found more nickels that I ever have and I was using pretty much the factory settings, but not all metal mode.
I just trained my ears as what to listen for and it did not take long to get to the point where I could do well with nickels even in trashy sites.
As far as what I have experienced with the Equinox, it does very well with ID'ing nickels and only gets fooled now and then by beaver tails and pencil erasers.
In short, the Equinox is great at finding nickels if you take the time to learn what to listen for.
View attachment 13643
Extremely impressive Felix!! One day while digging nickels, your favorite metal is going to pop out of the ground!

I hope so.... I like gold!!!😂🤣
You might have mentioned that a time or two 🤣 I also learned not to get between you and gold 😂 When we get together to hunt( in order not to get tackled in the field) I’ll keep the gold finds to myself 😁

View attachment 13643
I have found two Shield Nickels that came in with a target ID of 10. V-Nickels that register 11, Buffalo's at 12 and Jefferson's at 13. Anyone notching these numbers out will surely leave good targets behind. Just my .02