Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anniversary present

tnvarmint

Saturday was my 17th wedding anniversary and me and the wife went out for a simple lunch and to just get away from the kids for a few hours. She let me do a little hunting for about 2 hours towards the end of the day. I hit the Masonic lodge in town. It's an old building and pretty much untouched. I have found several wheaties and some older nickels from the 40s and 50s but that's about it besides clad and a bunch of zinc jar lids. Anyways first target in is a 12-34 ish target at about 5 inches deep. It is absolutely surrounded by iron targets. I finally pinpoint it down and figure what the heck, maybe I can get lucky with my first indian head. I dig the plug and pop it out. The hole was clean so I checked the plug. Right in the edge of the plug I find two coins stuck together at about 3-4 inches. I pull them out and first thing I see is the indian on the front of the buffalo. I am pretty stoked at this point. Buffalo's are some of my favorite coins. I try to see if I can read the date but it is too encrusted with dirt so I check the other coin. It's a penny sized and at first I couldn't make out a lincoln on the front so I really thought I had gotten a great find. Turns out it was a 1923 wheatie. The buffalo looks to be either a 1936 or 38.

After just shy of 2 hours hunting I had the buffalo and wheatie along with another 1941 wheatie and about $0.61 in clad. Not a bad hunt for it being my wedding anniversary. I am lucky to have a wife that would sit out there watching me hunt for a couple hours when she could of had us doing other things.

Hope you enjoy!

Nice Finds! Congratulations!

That's cool, I really like the Buffalo Nickels.

My 17th was last June Mike. My wife actually wanted to go MD'ing for a while before dinner and the Robin Hood movie with Russell Crowe. You're gonna laugh because I was testing a new spot. Stopped the vehicle, got her X-Terra out, got out the E-Trac and - NO BATTERY. I forgot to pack it. So she let me swing the X-Terra for a while. What a sweetheart. I'm glad your's let you hunt as well.

NebTrac